• The KillerFrogs

LaDarius Brown

froggy said:
Check the police report, it says less than 2 oz, could have been one joint, also someone stated Casey failed more than one drug test , might wont to recheck your facts.

expecting people in this site to care about the facts is asking a lot

The facts, at least in terms of the official record, have certainly taken a beating.  As far as we know, CP failed one drug test (yeah, I know what he told the cops) and was sent to counseling as per the policy.  LDB has never been suspended so, again, per the officially stated policy, he could not have failed more than one drug test and I have not seen any evidence to suggest that even happened.  In fact, with all the "knucklehead" talk I have heard from people somewhat around the program and on TCU message boards, his name has never even come up before this week. That doesn't mean squat as far as what has been going on with him but for people to suddenly assume that he has failed multiple drug tests and to assume another player who was publically disciplined for failing one had multiple failures that were ignored is just baseless speculation.

Oh, and on Boykin4Prez caring about facts.  Good grief.

froggy

We don't know how many if any he failed(lb)but he could have failed many after the season, because there haven't been any games since them for him to be suspended from. The point is we don't know , we also don't know if he had been causing other problems, I think the coaches know why they did what they and that's good enough for me and should be for everyone else, if not maybe they should apply for a coaching position on the team.

Boykin4Prez said:

What is that supposed to mean?

I feel fairly certain that EVERYONE else will easily comprehend it without any elaboration.  But, if it's any consolation, I kind of have come to consider you an acquired taste that has become somewhat more entertaining than annoying over time.  Plus, people like and apparently copy your videos.  So, there is that too.

Steak

tetonfrog said:
LDB was caught with two ounces of herb. No way in hell he was gonna smoke all that stuff himself. .
How do you know this?

I have a friend who smokes for personal reasons. It is not uncommon (according to him) to buy something in this range for his own personal use. It cuts down on the # of transactions he must make.

Agree this was stupid on LD's part...but I don't think you can make the leap that this was clearly marked for "sale" simply because it is around 2 ounces. Now if it's a lb...it's a diff story.

Hemingway

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Yes CP was wild and maybe shoul have been kicked off but again LD was in possession of a lot of weed. He had enough weed to question being a dealer and that's not something the university will except.
What an advantage Colorado schools have on us now. With their new laws they don't have to deal with this anymore. They'll never hear about a pot bust.

FrogSwagSurfin

Steak said:
How do you know this?

I have a friend who smokes for personal reasons. It is not uncommon (according to him) to buy something in this range for his own personal use. It cuts down on the # of transactions he must make.

Agree this was stupid on LD's part...but I don't think you can make the leap that this was clearly marked for "sale" simply because it is around 2 ounces. Now if it's a lb...it's a diff story.
Seriously? Do you know how long would it take one person to smoke two ounces? First you need to remember that weed will dry out over time even we you seal it properly. There is not one person on earth wants to smoke dried up [Craig James]. If the amount he had was 1.5 ounces it would take him over a month so long as he smoked everyday even with friends. Most recreational smokers only buy an eighth or a quarter of an ounce o weed, it would last you a long time.

Let's stop being so naive and stop assuming that our basis is incorrect. I can tell you for sure that players are and have done [Craig James] that none of know about.

FBallFan123

Hemingway said:
What an advantage Colorado schools have on us now. With their new laws they don't have to deal with this anymore. They'll never hear about a pot bust.

Think any parents will have second thoughts about sending their kids there?

DickBumpastache

Hemingway said:
But they will hear about failed drug tests, so this is basically a moot point. Plus, CU is a joke of a program with crap facilities and a cash-strapped athletic department. No kid will go there just so he can carry around a joint with no legal ramifications.

Planks

FBallFan123 said:

Why would they? There is a far more dangerous drug (Alcohol) that is legal and readily available in every other state.

If I was a parent, I would much rather my have kids legally smoke weed than legally drink alcohol.

talor

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Seriously? Do you know how long it would take one person to smoke two ounces? 
23 days for 3 people.  One person would be a ridiculous undertaking.  Only this guy would know...

WizKhalifa-SmokinDrink-181012-e1351787348463.jpg

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Classic line from Cheech and Chong's "Let's Make a Dope Deal."

announcer: "How many joints do you get from a lid (ounce)?

Cheech: "Uh, one."
after a pause..."I roll big joints."

after another pause...
announcer:  "Correct!  The judges say they roll big joints, too!"

Hughes Your Daddy

Hemingway said:
It's Friday and I'm moving a little slow, so maybe I need to check my sarcasm meter, but marijuana is still a banned substance by the NCAA, regardless of the state's treatment of it.

Hemingway

Hughes Your Daddy said:
It's Friday and I'm moving a little slow, so maybe I need to check my sarcasm meter, but marijuana is still a banned substance by the NCAA, regardless of the state's treatment of it.
DickBumpastache said:
But they will hear about failed drug tests, so this is basically a moot point. Plus, CU is a joke of a program with crap facilities and a cash-strapped athletic department. No kid will go there just so he can carry around a joint with no legal ramifications.
I think the athletes are getting pretty good about predicting testing.   However, you think that if a University can cover its own administered drug test they wouldn't? 

If I remember correctly,  the NCAA has a required testing and universities can do their own private?   Seems like we only hear about the failed drug tests when the cops arrest someone and the university is trying to put some distance between them and the player.

FBallFan123 said:

Sadly,  I think the parents want the kid to get an education and hope they go pro somehow. Going to CU might reduce things like this from happening.  Is it breaking any laws?  

DickBumpastache

Hemingway said:
I think the athletes are getting pretty good about predicting testing.   However, you think that if a University can cover its own administered drug test they wouldn't? 

If I remember correctly,  the NCAA has a required testing and universities can do their own private?   Seems like we only hear about the failed drug tests when the cops arrest someone and the university is trying to put some distance between them and the player.
You never hear about failed drug tests because no university ever explicitly announces when a player fails a drug test. The first failure is a slap on the wrist. The second failure, and those beyond that, are considered "violations of team rules" at almost every university. Maybe a kid misses half a game, then a full game, the. 2-3 weeks, and so on and so forth. But no program condones marijuana use, so just as I said, your point is moot. CU and CSU will never use legal marijuana as a recruiting tool because it would be totally ineffective with parents, and many kids need their parents' signatures on their LOIs. Plus there's the whole "pot is against program rules" problem.

Hemingway

DickBumpastache said:
CU and CSU will never use legal marijuana as a recruiting tool because it would be totally ineffective with parents, and many kids need their parents' signatures on their LOIs. Plus there's the whole "pot is against program rules" problem.

cause kids base their decisions solely on what the universities and recruiters tell them