• The KillerFrogs

LA Travel and Tickets Thread

tcumaniac

My buddy called me after the game while I was still in Scottsdale. I already had the NC tickets secured through TCU. He booked our airfare and hotel so we are ready to go.

Those who are sitting on the fence. Yep it’s a big risk dollar wise no doubt, but the last time we had this opportunity was 1938. There is only one first time for the CFP, win or lose. For those that missed the Rose Bowl, they are forever kicking themselves. If we win the NC, it will be the first chance in every one of our lifetimes. The chance of being there for the win far outweighs the risk. Don’t sit on the fence. GO FROGS!
Amen.

I originally booked my travel just for myself to meet up with a group of buddies and sit with them.

My wife, also a TCU grad, and I have a 4 month old baby that won't take a bottle and has to travel everywhere my wife goes.

We had already booked everything for the Fiesta bowl, but she initially decided if the frogs made it to the 'ship it would be too stressful to travel with a baby back to back weekends, not to mention babies require tickets for both the Fiesta Bowl and National Championship game (ridiculous, I know).

Anyway, about a week ago, well after all my travel and ticket were set for the potential game in LA, she came to me basically in tears and said the thought of potentially missing TCU play in the National Championship was making her sick to her stomach and that she had decided she had to be there no matter what.

Sharing the mindset you laid out in your post, I gave my wife a big ass hug and told her I'd make it happen.

I had to give up my $450 roundtrip JSX flight, and instead pay twice as much for us to switch to an american flight (JSX flights were sold out at this point). I found someone to buy the single ticket I had committed to with my group of buddies from TCU, and now we have 6 tickets together with 2 of my best friends and their wives, and I had to go buy an additional ticket to get the baby in the door (who btw has attended every game this season with me other than the Big 12 Championship game).

To say it hurt my wallet is an understatement, but to miss out on seeing TCU play in the national championship game with my wife and kid would have hurt way way way more.

Frog Bowl

Also, does anyone know the LA area? Never been no idea. Have an Airbnb in Hawthorne because it is close to stadium and LAX but now found a similar one a little further in Redondo Beach. What is the traffic like in LA? Have heard horror stories like it takes hours to drive a few miles.
Smart move to Redondo. I lived in Santa Monica 30- years ago and staying there Sunday-Monday. Traffic will be....well a [ hundin] Game time is 4:30 so to stadium around noon. Tailgate and drink in the atmosphere...it's what we have all wanted for years!!!

Big Frog II

Amen.

I originally booked my travel just for myself to meet up with a group of buddies and sit with them.

My wife, also a TCU grad, and I have a 4 month old baby that won't take a bottle and has to travel everywhere my wife goes.

We had already booked everything for the Fiesta bowl, but she initially decided if the frogs made it to the 'ship it would be too stressful to travel with a baby back to back weekends, not to mention babies require tickets for both the Fiesta Bowl and National Championship game (ridiculous, I know).

Anyway, about a week ago, well after all my travel and ticket were set for the potential game in LA, she came to me basically in tears and said the thought of potentially missing TCU play in the National Championship was making her sick to her stomach and that she had decided she had to be there no matter what.

Sharing the mindset you laid out in your post, I gave my wife a big ass hug and told her I'd make it happen.

I had to give up my $450 roundtrip JSX flight, and instead pay twice as much for us to switch to an american flight (JSX flights were sold out at this point). I found someone to buy the single ticket I had committed to with my group of buddies from TCU, and now we have 6 tickets together with 2 of my best friends and their wives, and I had to go buy an additional ticket to get the baby in the door (who btw has attended every game this season with me other than the Big 12 Championship game).

To say it hurt my wallet is an understatement, but to miss out on seeing TCU play in the national championship game with my wife and kid would have hurt way way way more.
You didn't have to explain it. We're married too. I'm glad your wife is getting to go along with your baby who must be the lucky charm.

James Penny

Amen.

Oh man.. This is great. You did what you had to do.

You better buy one of those custom commemorative tickets with frame. Will be a great story for mini-Maniac in a few years. Maybe even an epic story if things go well.

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
Also, does anyone know the LA area? Never been no idea. Have an Airbnb in Hawthorne because it is close to stadium and LAX but now found a similar one a little further in Redondo Beach. What is the traffic like in LA? Have heard horror stories like it takes hours to drive a few miles.
Stay in Redondo as close as the beach as you can afford. Hermosa and Manhattan beach are within walking distance. Great area!

drizzle

Amen.

We brought our infant to the Fiesta Bowl without a ticket. I was fairly confident the ticket taker wasn't going to demand a ticket for a freaking baby...

Brog

Amen.

Atrocious that you had to buy an additional ticket to get the baby in the door. Is that their official policy?

hometown frog

How hard do you think it’ll be to get an Uber after the game back to Redondo? I imagine we will be going somewhere outside the stadium for at least an hour or two.
I’m thinking the same thing. If you park you are stuck in traffic for a couple of hours. If you Uber you’re gonna be stuck waiting for a car for a couple of hours. Thinking the parking pass and the Uber fee will wind up being about a wash. We are in that same area of town and still haven’t decided what we are gonna do. Fairly certain I can convince the hotel to shuttle us TO the game. Then the fun begins.

The Bad Guy

I’m thinking the same thing. If you park you are stuck in traffic for a couple of hours. If you Uber you’re gonna be stuck waiting for a car for a couple of hours. Thinking the parking pass and the Uber fee will wind up being about a wash. We are in that same area of town and still haven’t decided what we are gonna do. Fairly certain I can convince the hotel to shuttle us TO the game. Then the fun begins.
Maybe we can get a group of us staying in the same area to come up with something.

Eight

Someone dress me up as a baby!

movie-cotton.gif

*using the work of others as i have nothing to say on my own​