• The KillerFrogs

Kenny Hill

Hill played great today looked a lot better. I was a Hill basher I guess? I prefer to look at it as a Robinson supporter not anti Hill. 3 turnovers of the bizarre kind none Hills fault and we still win by 20 points it could have been more. I still think Robinson has a much higher ceiling than Hill.

P

purplePPO

I am a supporter of TCU players and I'll support Robinson 100% and defend him when it's not warranted. Check my posts from last year and this year. Nowhere have I said that Hill is great. But he doesn't deserve the criticism that he gets. It's partly Boykins fault because you guys think that Hill can fill those shoes. He had to deal with similar fans that thought he was the next Manziel. The bottom line is that some of you are spoiled fans. It's posts like this that I laugh at. He is OUR QB - it's actually pathetic that I have to stick up for the home teams QB with these stats and the leader of an undefeated team.

The criticism comes from the lack of execution of plays, many times by KH. I sat in the North EZ today and he completely miss a wide open receiver for a TD. Your narrow minded view that I or others compare him only to Boykin or Manzel is the reason you get grief. You are not the only football God analyst. I am a lifelong football watcher and I do not wear PURPLE glasses. KH is an average Quarterback at best!!. Many people agree with me. Deal with it!! GO FROGS!

LisaLT

On a scale of 1 to 10, he's a 7.

Let's see if that changes next week against OSU

Note: last year he was a 5 so there's that.

TCURiggs

There's a huge difference between Kenny and Boykin. The issue is that people need to stop comparing Kenny to Boykin, because Boykin is one of the greatest college QB's of all-time.

Kenny is an above average QB and a lot of teams would love to have him. He has a lot of talent and can make all the throws, he's just inconsistent.

Today was a great day.

Haven't read the rest of the thread but this is spot-on. I feel like a lot of people on this board just mostly watch TCU games, and they compare KH to Boykin, which is silly. As you said earlier, Boykin really is one of the better college QB's you'll ever see, so it's silly to compare KH to him. Having said that, if you watch a full day of college football you should quickly realize that KH is an above average QB... easily top 25 or 30, IMO. Maybe that's not enough for some of you to hang your hat on, but I think that's good enough for us to win the conference with when we have a legit GP defense. Despite today's effort, I also think we have the defense to get us there. We'll definitely find out more next week, though.

TCURiggs

The criticism comes from the lack of execution of plays, many times by KH. I sat in the North EZ today and he completely miss a wide open receiver for a TD. Your narrow minded view that I or others compare him only to Boykin or Manzel is the reason you get grief. You are not the only football God analyst. I am a lifelong football watcher and I do not wear PURPLE glasses. KH is an average Quarterback at best!!. Many people agree with me. Deal with it!! GO FROGS!

Lol. Literally his only bad throw/decision was not seeing Nixon wide open on that play. Outside of that, he was damn near perfect. If you're going to hold that against him you're just an unreasonable football-person. I'm the Captain of the "Boykin is the goat" train, and I don't think Tre ever had a game nearly as efficient as KH just had.

Haven't read the rest of the thread but this is spot-on. I feel like a lot of people on this board just mostly watch TCU games, and they compare KH to Boykin, which is silly. As you said earlier, Boykin really is one of the better college QB's you'll ever see, so it's silly to compare KH to him. Having said that, if you watch a full day of college football you should quickly realize that KH is an above average QB... easily top 25 or 30, IMO. Maybe that's not enough for some of you to hang your hat on, but I think that's good enough for us to win the conference with when we have a legit GP defense. Despite today's effort, I also think we have the defense to get us there. We'll definitely find out more next week, though.
Hell watch a full day of NFL football if you can stand it and you will understand how rare exceptional QB play is

BABYFACE

Kenny had one bad series and two bad throws today. I fail to see how anything in his game today was a "mixed bag."

I was a bit disappointed in the two delay of game penalties and calling for the snap too early or too late that resulted in the ball hitting the man in motion. He is a senior and those are mistakes he shouldn't be making no matter how well or not he throws the ball. A former QB that sits in our section was disappointed by this also. ( He is of the GP era)

Last edited:

ifrog

Kenny had a QBR of 97.9 (on a 100 PT scale) and that is phenomenal. The offense had 3 fumbles (not Kenny) and he stayed composed and had a near perfect game. This was his best performance tab TCU and I really don't understand some of the comments in this thread.

Nah it was a "mixed bag" and it was against a "soft defense" and I rate his performance today a "7". lol

Its typically the same group of posters that won't give credit and love to nitpick. Pathetic

TCURiggs

kenny hill > lamar jackson

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif