• The KillerFrogs

Just passed by the Bluu and there is a bus and trailer parked out front

BABYFACE

It is called Blind Spots. Then it says the “Unconscious Biases Tour.”

Seriously? What a frickin load. So basically they can shame anyway when they haven’t said anything or did anything wrong. Insanity.

CryptoMiner

It says nothing of diversity in the workplace on the bus. It does say that we all have unconscious biases. That is like saying Ghandi is a violent person unconsciously, or Mother Theresa was a selfish and uncaring person unconsciously.

No I do not think it is like saying that at all, in fact just the opposite.

Basically it is saying that our unconscious mind is responsible for many of our conscious decisions. Therefore if Ghandi had a violent unconscious mind then he would have often acted out in a violent manner. If Mother Teresa had a selfish and uncaring unconscious mind then she to would have acted in a selfish and uncaring way.

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

THE TOUR
Experts tell us that our unconscious mind makes the majority of our decisions. It creates blind spots or unconscious biases that can narrow your vision of others and potentially influence your behaviors.

The Check Your Blind Spots mobile tour is designed to give people the opportunity to learn about and explore ways to mitigate unconscious bias in their everyday lives. Through a series of immersive and interactive elements, participants are exposed to the nuances of unconscious bias, and also have the chance to sign the I Act On pledge to address personal biases and drive inclusive behaviors.

HToady

A handful of professors are trying to make the University add a 3 hour course on diversity to all student curriculum, regardless of discipline. The secret professor ballot was supposed to be today...

WhatTheFrog

A handful of professors are trying to make the University add a 3 hour course on diversity to all student curriculum, regardless of discipline. The secret professor ballot was supposed to be today...
At no cost, I'd hope. Are these professors volunteers? Working for free, on their own time?

Our minds cannot handle the volume of data that bombards us everyday. Just to maintain sanity, we all use certain heuristics in an attempt to filter what is relevant information. We all operate on incomplete information because we fill in the gaps with these shortcuts. There are certain common judgement errors most of us make without realizing it. That’s why the best business folks have ears that work better than their mouths and keep open minds about their own assumptions. Actually believing that you know it all or that you’re always right and never wrong is a personality disorder.

Paint It Purple

THE TOUR
Experts tell us that our unconscious mind makes the majority of our decisions. It creates blind spots or unconscious biases that can narrow your vision of others and potentially influence your behaviors.

The Check Your Blind Spots mobile tour is designed to give people the opportunity to learn about and explore ways to mitigate unconscious bias in their everyday lives. Through a series of immersive and interactive elements, participants are exposed to the nuances of unconscious bias, and also have the chance to sign the I Act On pledge to address personal biases and drive inclusive behaviors.
I have an unconscious bias against snakes, large wild carnivores, speeding trains, shady dudes in 7-11 at 2AM, people weaving in traffic, lawyers, realtors, politicians, dudes that come up behind me at the gas pump, etc. What should I do?

AroundWorldFrog

200w.webp