• The KillerFrogs

Just dawned on me...

helcap

it is natural that you will lose some of the support of fans that called you their home team when you join a conf their team is in, how many of you would wear a byu, utah, or air force shirt in the past?

Hopefully that will include you Roddog, and you will go away

asleep003

I'd say if anything the move helps us. There have to be MASSIVELY larger numbers of Big 12 alumni in DFW than there are MWC alumni and I'm gonna assume that some of them might venture over to ACS to watch us play a Big 12 conference game even if their team isn't involved.

Case in point... If TCU is playing K-State in Cowtown, and I'm a metro-plex Tech fan... needing the Frogs to beat K-State to go to the Cotton or Alamo bowl, instead of the Billy Bob's Auto Body Shop Bowl(or KSU to beat the Toads)... then I may very well show up for that game....

Cheers !

asleep003

Hopefully that will include you Roddog, and you will go away

Easy Rambo ... Roddog is an intregal part of this message board... whether
annoying or entertaining, he stays with in the KF.C policy guidelines. He is officially a brethren... for roddog not always knoweth what he sayeth when he talketh...
Cheers !

BABYFACE

I hear all points here, but if other Big 12 schools fans that were coming to TCU games, in most cases they weren' t going to their first schools home games. So it may not be as big of deal as some think. It will be for some, but not as much as are forcasting IMO.

One thing that will happen is there will be people going to check out TCU games that hadn't because TCU wasn't in the Big 12. TCU will be picking up some local Joe 6-packs. This should increase the rowdy factor a little.

roddog

Banned
I hear all points here, but if other Big 12 schools fans that were coming to TCU games, in most cases they weren' t going to their first schools home games. So it may not be as big of deal as some think. It will be for some, but not as much as are forcasting IMO.

but i go to tcu games bc i couldnt go to all tech games, and i could root for tcu no matter who they played besides tech, not so much now bc if i need ut to beat tcu so we get a better bowl who you think im gonna root for, see the delimma

TCUSA

My point doesn't involve visiting fans. My point involves fans that have come to TCU games because they wanted to root for someone locally. Now, we aren't a neutral team to them. We are the enemy. And believe me--I remember in the SWC days, staying in Tulsa so we didn't have to spend any money in Fayetteville when playing the pigs. I would have NEVER even THOUGHT of going to an SMU, Rice, UT, or A&M game if they weren't playing us. Are we headed there?

And I think someone asked earlier, but I've lost the thread...how much are tickets going to be in the Big12? I've heard minimum $40/ticket/game. That's pretty steep and will further dampen enthusiasm among our casual fans, I'm afraid.

I'm not against this move--in fact, this (or the Big East) was all I thought we should have bothered to leave any of the non-auto-qualifying conferences for. I'm just concerned, now that some time has passed, what are the long-term consequences to our program going to be (not on the field--that's no concern to me at all with GP at the helm).

HoustonHornedFrog

Aggies will be on our side, and will need a winning team to root for.

+1, when we are playing Texas especially.

I am, and have been, a Utah, BSU and Oregon fan...unless them winning would harm the Frogs. Conference affiliation does not make a difference to me.

Ok, let me point out one thing that should be obvious. I don't think you can be a real FAN (short for fanatic) of 4 different college football teams, especially when those teams have been rivals in the last several years. You can be a FAN of one and a casual supporter of another one or two but I have degrees from both TCU and UT and only consider myself a real FAN of TCU.

but i go to tcu games bc i couldnt go to all tech games, and i could root for tcu no matter who they played besides tech, not so much now bc if i need ut to beat tcu so we get a better bowl who you think im gonna root for, see the delimma

Man, that's pathetic. I never rood for one conf mate over another. TCU prefers to win on their own to get a better bowl etc and not have to rely on others. you see, we were used to having to go undefeated to get BCS and not rely on other teams ( and don't start with Nevada getting us into the Rose Bowl). I have only rooted against BSU on 3 occasions, our bowl games with us.

My point doesn't involve visiting fans. My point involves fans that have come to TCU games because they wanted to root for someone locally. Now, we aren't a neutral team to them. We are the enemy. And believe me--I remember in the SWC days, staying in Tulsa so we didn't have to spend any money in Fayetteville when playing the pigs. I would have NEVER even THOUGHT of going to an SMU, Rice, UT, or A&M game if they weren't playing us. Are we headed there?

And I think someone asked earlier, but I've lost the thread...how much are tickets going to be in the Big12? I've heard minimum $40/ticket/game. That's pretty steep and will further dampen enthusiasm among our casual fans, I'm afraid.

I'm not against this move--in fact, this (or the Big East) was all I thought we should have bothered to leave any of the non-auto-qualifying conferences for. I'm just concerned, now that some time has passed, what are the long-term consequences to our program going to be (not on the field--that's no concern to me at all with GP at the helm).

I went to other SWC games.

TCUSA

When they weren't playing the Frogs??? Hell, it was all I could stomach to watch them play on television--I sure wasn't shelling out money to see SMU play Houston or Rice play UT. The only game that didn't involve TCU that I MIGHT have shelled out for was UT/A&M--but that would have had to have been a very big game and at the time, neither one was doing much to add to the SWC.

thetshirtfan

My opinion is that the turnouts will get better, mainly because the games will be tougher. I have personally witnessed the difference in the turnouts between different schools that we play. I unfornately won't make any this year or next. After that I should be able to return to AGCS, and make a trip to Lubbock to support the purple away from home.

well news flash, if most years like people think on here tcu is fighting for a conf title with the rest of the teams, it is going to greatly affect peoples willingness to root for them
News flash. You are ignorant. That is your reply to my post? It's incoherent at best. Did you even read my post? Did you go to Tech?

Deep Purple

and did you see how slow that stuff was selling after the baylor loss?
No, I didn't. Especially since the game was played in Waco and there were no immediate post-game sales to observe. In fact, sounds pretty strongly like you've merely engaged in wish-fulfillment projection rather than actual observation. Such speculation aside, I'm absolutely confident your view isn't based on any actual knowledge of TCU's post-Baylor sales volume.

Just today I was driving across campus in a golf cart and was flagged down in front to Lowe Hall by a visiting family -- father, mother, and daughter -- from Southern California who were making a swing of site visits to schools from Alabama to Texas that the daughter was interested in attending. TCU was their last stop, and they were totally wowed. The first thing they asked me was, "Is there a book store where we can buy TCU gear?" After that, they asked me about TCU's academic programs and various buildings around campus.

They certainly didn't appear the least bit deterred by the Baylor loss. Anecdotal I know, but even anecdote, based on first-hand experience, is superior to your wishful analyses of TCU gear sales that you have no first-hand knowledge of.

Try harder, frauddog. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

roddog

Banned

Just today I was driving across campus in a golf cart and was flagged down in front to Lowe Hall by a visiting family -- father, mother, and daughter -- from Southern California who were making a swing of site visits to schools from Alabama to Texas that the daughter was interested in attending. TCU was their last stop, and they were totally wowed. The first thing they asked me was, "Is there a book store where we can buy TCU gear?" After that, they asked me about TCU's academic programs and various buildings around campus.

They certainly didn't appear the least bit deterred by the Baylor loss. Anecdotal I know, but even anecdote, based on first-hand experience, is superior to your wishful analyses of TCU gear sales that you have no first-hand knowledge of.

Try harder, frauddog. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

fish in a barrel, deep sometimes i think you must be 12, i hope you guys dont act like the tools you sometimes do on here when other big 12 visitors come by bc you will turn into purple aggies quick, i love the fact that u always try and use your one example for different things as trying to prove the point for the whole, here is my first hand experience, i was at the academy the other day, i was looking in the college clothes area, they didnt have near the tcu stuff out, i asked the guy working over there how was the tcu stuff selling and were they getting anything more, he said not very well, and not to his knowledge, but hey, that cant near prove my point near as much as your golf cart story :wacko: