• The KillerFrogs

Josh Doctson cut by Vikings

Wexahu

I think AD maximized his career pretty well. Had he been with a better organization very good chances are he wouldn’t have started as long as he did nor made as much money. He had a solid career but whenever I watched him play I never got the impression he was anything more than a very average NFL QB. Nothing wrong at all with being one of 32 starters for as long as he was.

East Coast

Tier 1
I think AD maximized his career pretty well. Had he been with a better organization very good chances are he wouldn’t have started as long as he did nor made as much money.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/draft.htm

An interesting ranking has Andy the 2nd best QB and the 7th best player in the entire 2011 NFL draft. It's not even close between Andy and the 3rd QB, and Richard Sherman is the only player drafted after Andy to grade out better. IMO that's a pretty darn good career, especially playing in the cluster of the Bengals

watchfrog

I bet most Bengals fans think his career has been underwhelming. Didn't say he was a bust but I personally thought he would have had more success as far as winning goes. And I know it's not all him, but he was the type to win at every level and I thought he would win more in the league.
Compared to the other team in the state, I think they have been pretty happy with the stability at QB position.25C5BCB8-4E47-4404-B39F-9913FF0C07AC.png

Wexahu

Compared to the other team in the state, I think they have been pretty happy with the stability at QB position.View attachment 6557

Right, and I think Andy probably feels fortunate that the Bengals stuck with him as long as they did. Had he been drafted by someone else he might’ve been a starter in the league for 1-2 years, not 10. That’s kind of the point.

Saying he would have had a better career had he not been “stuck” with the Bengals all these years, I’m not sure about that.

TX_Krötenechse

The reality is that most draft picks are busts. You’ve got less than 1900 pro players and more than 200 being drafted every year - your attrition rate due to medical issues, lack of production, etc, is really high.

froginmn

Right, and I think Andy probably feels fortunate that the Bengals stuck with him as long as they did. Had he been drafted by someone else he might’ve been a starter in the league for 1-2 years, not 10. That’s kind of the point.

Saying he would have had a better career had he not been “stuck” with the Bengals all these years, I’m not sure about that.
Or, if he'd played for a better franchise he may have had much better success and won a lot more.

Saying he would have only started 1-2 years with a different team, I'm not sure about that.

MTfrog5

Or if they would have drafted better and built around him and Green he’d still be making the playoffs like his first 4 years in he league