1. The KillerFrogs

John Henry

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Billy Clyde, Apr 11, 2019.

1. https://www.pressboxdfw.com/greetings-from-the-conch-republic/

I don't know much about this dude, or why I'd never heard of him prior to PressBoxDFW, but he is really good. The linked article above reminded me a lot of the kind of storytelling that Dan Jenkins did so elegantly.

Gil has put together quite a nice stable of writers with his operation, very glad I subscribed.

Maybe there is hope for great sportswriting in Fort Worth after all... It sure isn't coming from S-T.

2. I subscribed and think they do a great job. Glad I did and think everybody should. Well worth the few bucks it costs.

3. They do a Great job

Billy Clyde likes this.
  4. He was a hell of a racehorse!

5. The good Mr. Henry does reveal a couple of good Key West secrets: 1.) Day drinking at the Green Parrot, and 2.) The Bicycle. The best mode of conveyance on the island.

6. Good story

It has been a long time since I have heard Peter Whipple's name. he was always good for a loaner car and of course a party. Believe it or not we had to drag a friend home once from almost that same spot as the bank, he was at mile marker 0.

7. I worked with John Henry at the ST...great dude. Not your typical writer.

And Key West is the most badass place on earth...I will be living down there someday soon.

8. Yep, this was my first thought, too.

9. Yes, I was wondering why I haven't seen Peter Whipple in a long time.. The Florida Keys are a great place for he and his brother (either of the two).. They're some of the funnest guys you'll ever meet..