• The KillerFrogs

Jerry's World visit?

Eight

In general or just when we have a game there?

Our indoor practice field is turf, I guess it is different.

not being a smart ass, but why would we go over to arlington just for a general practice? we have an indoor, climate controlled facility that wasn't built by that demon born from satan's bowels.

if i had to guess it would be to try to knock the awe factor off for those new to the program and haven't played there in high school. there are a few unique things to the stadium such as replay board, the lighting etc.... and this was/is a chance to expose your new players to that environment.

Last edited:

stbrab

not being a smart ass, but why would we go over to arlington just for a general practice? we have an indoor, climate controlled facility that wasn't built by that demon born from satan's bowels.

if i had to guess it would be to try to knock the awe factor off for those new to the program and haven't played there in high school. there are a few unique things to the stadium such as replay board, the lighting etc.... and this was/is a chance to expose your new players to that environment.
I think your second paragraph hits the mark. Also, although many on this board don't like Cowboys Stadium, I suspect its a thrill and honor for our ballplayers.

Eight

I think your second paragraph hits the mark. Also, although many on this board don't like Cowboys Stadium, I suspect its a thrill and honor for our ballplayers.

curious on the thrill part from the perspective a good number have actually played in that stadium in high school. similar to texas stadium back in the day.

actually, having played in texas stadium was a big advantage because the players were aware of the impact of the crown on the field.

Sebastian S

It was my response to Wes saying it wasn't the first time we have done it. I guess the years we do have a game there, we have done it preseason.

vs. LSU is the most recent one I can remember outside of the big 12 championship game.

FrogAbroad

A short field trip with the whole team, trainers, equipment managers. video peeps...not a true dress rehearsal but a nice little jaunt to break the monotony of day-after-day drills at home. And as a couple have commented, it eliminates at least some of the "gaw-lee!" factor.

For some it might be a bit like "Coach Hackman" in the "Hoosiers" movie--their net and our net are the same distance from the floor.

The TCU Football Jerk

No one is addressing the real issue here. Why was there a video with these types of production values and editing made for some guys showing up to a practice for a game that's almost a month away???? I mean, listen: We talking about practice. Not a game. We talking about practice, man.

The world has gone bat **** crazy.

Last edited:

FrogLifeYo

GP has a young impressionable team. Our recruiting is getting better because kids know they are going to play big, important games in high profile places..Taking them to Jerry World is just a way of exposing them to the end goal