• The KillerFrogs

Jamie Byrd switches from Boise?

tcujsauce

As far as this young gun from Florida goes...

I feel like by the time he's done as a Frog, we'll have some video of a "Great Byrd Hit" to go alongside our Great White Hit.

Kid looks like a gamer. Excited to see him bring the hammer in a few years.

texasrobster1997

Ignorant question. I'm not familiar with Thompson, but it sounds like that would be a big loss if the rumor on this thread is true? So, do we have any returning safeties?

talor

If this Thompson stuff is true that sucks. He was going to be a good one and showed some flashes this year. Lots of PT to be had and he was penciled in.

IronSkillet

From the ESPN recruiting analysis of Byrd:

"There is very little not to like about this guy; he plays with the intensity and motor necessary to be a force and make big plays on the defensive side of the ball. Byrd may not be an immediate starter and may need some time to polish his man coverage skills. Regardless, once ready to play we see a long and productive career."

:cool:

mtmedlin

This is a solid pickup for yall. I have no idea why USF didnt go after him. He hits like a truck and is brutal! Your gonna see his name on your "best hits" videos very soon!

FROGDADDY

From the ESPN recruiting analysis of Byrd:

"There is very little not to like about this guy; he plays with the intensity and motor necessary to be a force and make big plays on the defensive side of the ball. Byrd may not be an immediate starter and may need some time to polish his man coverage skills. Regardless, once ready to play we see a long and productive career."

:cool:

After watching his video and reading this it doesn't make much sense to me why his list of offers isn't any better than it is. Especially odd that even places like USF and UCF weren't on him. Wonder if grades are/were an issue?

gdu

He'll soon learn to tackle the TCU way (wrap up!). Looks like a shoe-in for that Colin jones/Stephen hodge LB/safety position. Hey big east QB's...watch the safety Blitz!!
That was the first thing I thought of when I watched that tape. He is big hitter for sure, but he is going to need to learn the correct way to tackle at the next level.

Dogfrog

T. Cuba....I think he will be a senior. Greg McCoy also returns at CB.

Other returning safeties - Fobbs has played, Scott, Thomas, Anderson. Don't know if Graves is penciled in at safety or WR?, couple of walk ons, and incoming freshmen although I would think safety in this defense would be tough for true freshmen. And I assume the Aundre Dean experiment at safety is over?