• The KillerFrogs

Its Official: This is Casey's team

Dogfrog

What about being a better football player? Stronger, faster, better vision, more accurate... he's got the chance to be all of these things. Andy was great, and probably our 2nd best QB ever. But Pachall could easily be the best QB in the nation. He won't put up Kellen Moore or Sam Bradford stats at TCU, but Andy Dalton isn't the end-all of college quarterbacks. There is room for improvement. I think the team as a whole might have a little more of an edge than usual... not only has to do with Pachall, but some of the new guys sound like they are out for blood. Maponga and Tank as leaders of the defense are good, powerful, mean leaders.

But... when they make posters and billboards of Pachall like they had of Dalton, there's going to be a guy with long hair and a right arm covered in tattoos. Go find the picture of him from the Spring game holding the ball ready to throw and he's much different than Andy.

I hope everyone embraces the tats Icemonkee, I can't wait.

Uh, 13-0 is pretty much the end all of college football. When Pachall leads a team to 13-0, then let's talk.

joejordan

That should keep everyone happy and in Ft. Worth...don't remember this ever happening before with a GP team, until fall. I hope he is that good.

jake102

Uh, 13-0 is pretty much the end all of college football. When Pachall leads a team to 13-0, then let's talk.

Cam newton? Greg McElroy? Vince young? Matt leinart? All 13-0 and all won championships. Some of these guys are better than Andy, some worse. Saying you can't do better than Andy is ridiculous. Have to stop being defensive and be objective. Not saying there aren't huge shoes to fill...

JugbandFrog

Been really impressed with him all spring. The spring game showed what he can do and how he has adjusted to the scheme Fuente wants(and more importantly, what GP wants)..

The guy has accuracy, velocity, and can flat out run. Hope it all translates to wins on the field..
Could you clarify? What kind of scheme? No more 5Wide?

Frogo

... Oh and it probably doesn't hurt that many professors will also find out.... may make things a little more manageable for Pachall here and there.

Huh? Are you suggesting professors will go easy on Pachall now that he's the designated QB? Surely not. But that's the way it sounds.

Dogfrog

Cam newton? Greg McElroy? Vince young? Matt leinart? All 13-0 and all won championships. Some of these guys are better than Andy, some worse. Saying you can't do better than Andy is ridiculous. Have to stop being defensive and be objective. Not saying there aren't huge shoes to fill...

You're being subjective. In the win / loss department, the most important and irrefutable stat, none of the qb's you mentioned has ever won more than Andy did in 2010. Not sure why you feel the need to go there.

Kaiser

tumblr_lea08jTCas1qa58bio1_500.gif

Pure Awesomeness

Kaiser

Now I love Andy Dalton, but giving him 100% of the credit for 13-0 is silly. Pachall can go 0-13 and still be a better QB. There are 21 other starters (not counting kickers) that make TCU football what it is.

LVfrog

Based on talent, Casey has it all, but what we'll all find out is does he have the innate part of the game down as Andy did.

Congrats Casey and Go Frogs!!!

cdsfrog

Andy Dalton deserves PLENTY of credit for that, but the defense did hold a team averaging nearly 70 points the last 3 games prior to 19.....

westtexfrog

Andy was great, and probably our 2nd best QB ever. Andy Dalton isn't the end-all of college quarterbacks.

Just curious who would you consider behind Andy at number 3, O'Brien or Baugh? I think Andy is a great quarterback and will have a successful career in the NFL, but you said yourself he "isn't the end-all of college quarterbacks".

Congrats to Casey, do the Frog Nation proud!

PurplePainD

this is going to happen. in 2012 when CP is a heisman canidate, the entire student section will be wearing tatted arms sleeves on our right arm

Maniac, show me your entrepreneurial skills. Track down CP and get a picture of his right arm. Then have the "arm sleeves" printed up and ready for Game 1. I'm guessing if you walk around tailgate lots you can sell a couple thousand of these every game.

Put me down for 8 in my group

bumblebeetuna

Its going to be a little hot to be sporting a long sleeve t-shirt come our first game. But I will be wearing my "boating" shoes so i should be able to keep cool with those.

Love the idea of the shirt though!