• The KillerFrogs

It's early - portal time that is - current listing

fanatical frog

Probably should just quit referring to it as "NIL money". It's just money.

Players aren't using their name, image and likeness to make money, they are getting paid to simply sign up to play football.

We all figured knew it would come to that.....next step = most of them will insist on a pitch count too.

Frogfam4

would be a great start,wouldn't mind if they kicked the tires on denver harris
If he could leave his issues in College Station I would like that pick up. I really liked the team chemistry this season. But I do know that every team/year is different.

FrogMBA16

If he could leave his issues in College Station I would like that pick up. I really liked the team chemistry this season. But I do know that every team/year is different.
Harris and Marshall were both bad apples at a&m. Both could turn it around with their second shot, but they were suspended most of the season. Sneaking out, smoking weed in the locker room, driving another player around with nearly 1/2 pound of week...the list goes on... Great talents though - just have to have a short leash and not let them ruin any chemistry.

Chris Marshall could not get a character reference for the Touchdown Club player of the year.

Again - sometimes kids just need a change of scenery, but it doesn't come without risks.

Eight

sonny made the comment about being careful with the bait they use because of the type of fish they might catch

don't think they will ever be able to create the chemistry in this year's team because of all the variables that have fit perfectly to create this team

do agree that the "culture" of the program needs to be a part of each team and no one player or prospect should be placed above that culture

Last edited:

Frogfam4

sonny made the comment about being careful with the bait they use because of the type of fish they might catch

don't think they will ever be able to create the chemistry in this year's team because of all the variables that have fit perfectly to create these team

do agree that the "culture" of the program needs to be a part of each team and no one player or prospect should be placed above that culture
I want to win every year and get the best players, but not at the cost of losing the program like Tx am. So yes be very strict and do your due diligence on every player that that want to bring in.

Eight

I want to win every year and get the best players, but not at the cost of losing the program like Tx am. So yes be very strict and do your due diligence on every player that that want to bring in.

think it is interesting about the perception around coaches and programs

you will hear and comments about jimbo being old school, a hard arse not afraid to chew out players in practice on in a game

then you have the off the field incidents such as with a certain team captain who was still sent to sec media day to represent the program and school

Spike

UT pays Patterson 150,000 with some perks. Car, ins, 401, limited exp acct, etc. If he stays, the package changes a quite a bit.
Always wondered if there was some kind of cumulative retirement going where the points help even if the money contribution is insignificant.

What Up Toad

Harris and Marshall were both bad apples at a&m. Both could turn it around with their second shot, but they were suspended most of the season. Sneaking out, smoking weed in the locker room, driving another player around with nearly 1/2 pound of week...the list goes on... Great talents though - just have to have a short leash and not let them ruin any chemistry.

Chris Marshall could not get a character reference for the Touchdown Club player of the year.

Again - sometimes kids just need a change of scenery, but it doesn't come without risks.

Chris Marshall was supposedly welcome back to A&M while the others were not. He decided he wanted to go elsewhere.

Spike

So are there rules in place to prevent recruiting other teams players? I remember a big brouhaha between Rice coach Wayne Graham and Coach Schloss over the alleged recruitment of a transfer during summer ball. Nothing came of it via the NCAA

Eight

So are there rules in place to prevent recruiting other teams players? I remember a big brouhaha between Rice coach Wayne Graham and Coach Schloss over the alleged recruitment of a transfer during summer ball. Nothing came of it via the NCAA

rules? rules??

you first would need someone to enforce those supposed rules and as the ncaa had been neutered i would guess we are in a world of "gentlemen's agreements" between groups that behave nothing like gentlemen

a modern day miller's crossing goes to college so to speak

HF-EOC

rules? rules??

you first would need someone to enforce those supposed rules and as the ncaa had been neutered i would guess we are in a world of "gentlemen's agreements" between groups that behave nothing like gentlemen

a modern day miller's crossing goes to college so to speak
Look no further than OU coaches who were immediately following any opposing player who scorched them this year. It is no coincidence. Like Prime said "I am not hard to find". All of these coaches are easy to find...