• The KillerFrogs

It would be nice if Brian Kelly's team sucked

Punter1

I'm all for Notre Dame sucking right out of the gate AND through the middle of the season, the end of the season, into the off-season, next season and every season after that.

ricksterh

QUOTE(NewfoundlandFrog @ Jul 2 2010, 04:02 PM) [snapback]592545[/snapback]
I've seen worse schedules booked by some so-called "elite" teams...

2010 Notre Dame Football Schedule
Sept. 4 PURDUE
Sept. 11 MICHIGAN

Sept. 18 at Michigan State
Sept. 25 STANFORD
Oct. 2 at Boston College
Oct. 9 PITTSBURGH
Oct. 16 WESTERN MICHIGAN

Oct. 23 at Navy (at Meadowlands - East Rutherford, N.J.)
Oct. 30 TULSA
Nov. 6 Open Date
Nov. 13 UTAH
Nov. 20 ARMY (at Yankee Stadium - Bronx, N.Y.)

Nov. 27 at USC

Interesting schedule. One big factor is the Domers play 7 home games and 2 neutral sites and only 3 games in somebody elses house. Not a lot of easy games but no real power houses either. They play a lot of teams that are probably in the middle of the pack in thier conference like the 3 big x team, the 2 Big east teams and the 2 Pac ? teams, 2 service academies and 3 non aq teams. I think So Cal will be down ans Stanford may be better than USC. I think 8-4 is realistic and they should do that well or better.

desmith03

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jul 2 2010, 10:02 AM) [snapback]592497[/snapback]
Wake up the Echoes!

I've become good friends with quite a few of them. :ph34r:

PurplePutt

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Jul 2 2010, 02:19 PM) [snapback]592649[/snapback]
Navy is pretty damn good. They beat Air Force last year. They're going to be even better this year.

And, they absolutely crushed Mizzou 35-13 in the Texas Bowl.

Houston Frog

I actually think USC will be pretty good again this year. I look at their 2009 season as their version of TCU's 2007 season. They were breaking in a freshman QB, then a whole bunch of injuries happened on top of that, they lost a couple games to some inferior teams, and then the season just kind of got away from them. I think they'll bounce back like we did in 2008.

ricksterh

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jul 3 2010, 01:36 PM) [snapback]592826[/snapback]
I actually think USC will be pretty good again this year. I look at their 2009 season as their version of TCU's 2007 season. They were breaking in a freshman QB, then a whole bunch of injuries happened on top of that, they lost a couple games to some inferior teams, and then the season just kind of got away from them. I think they'll bounce back like we did in 2008.

I don't think their coaching will be very good and that is a big part of how a team does. If I understood correctly because of the penalties the players there now can transfer if they choose to? If that is right it will be interesting to see how that affects their team? I think Stanford will be much better coached and will have a better team than USoCal. :biggrin:

Houston Frog

QUOTE(ricksterh @ Jul 3 2010, 10:55 AM) [snapback]592872[/snapback]
I don't think their coaching will be very good and that is a big part of how a team does. If I understood correctly because of the penalties the players there now can transfer if they choose to? If that is right it will be interesting to see how that affects their team? I think Stanford will be much better coached and will have a better team than USoCal. :biggrin:

Yeah you definitely might be right, I'm by no means confident in them taking a huge leap forward this year.

But I thought Tennessee made a big jump forward in Lane Kiffin's first year though, and he's bringing a hell of a staff with him to USC, I don't think their coaching is going to be as bad as people think it will be. And USC is loaded with a TON of talent.

ricksterh

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jul 3 2010, 04:40 PM) [snapback]592887[/snapback]
Yeah you definitely might be right, I'm by no means confident in them taking a huge leap forward this year.

But I thought Tennessee made a big jump forward in Lane Kiffin's first year though, and he's bringing a hell of a staff with him to USC, I don't think their coaching is going to be as bad as people think it will be. And USC is loaded with a TON of talent.

You make some good points too! I guess thats why they play the games so we find out what happens! :biggrin:

Spike

QUOTE(57Frog @ Jul 2 2010, 06:50 PM) [snapback]592635[/snapback]
OOOPS . Didn't read well , but I counted okay . HUH?

Well, considering Notre Dame seems to be able to count their Spring game towards bowl eligility and BCS standings you might be correct after all.

ricksterh

QUOTE(Spike @ Jul 3 2010, 06:21 PM) [snapback]592921[/snapback]
Well, considering Notre Dame seems to be able to count their Spring game towards bowl eligility and BCS standings you might be correct after all.

Years ago when I lived up there back in the 50's Notre Dame's spring game was the varsity against the "oldtimers". :biggrin: