• The KillerFrogs

It May Be Time to Start Talking About Mittie Too

masterfrog

In one week, we have lost to New Mexico (giving them their first conference win) and Air Force (given them their second). Air Force has now matched their best start in MWC history at 2-5 in conference.

Young and Horned

Yeah. I have always been mixed on Mittie. He certainly hasn't warranted being let go because of bad teams, but I feel like he has hit his ceiling.

However, now that we are going into the BE, I am fine with giving him a shot in the BE with hopefully better recruiting.

masterfrog

Stick to UNLV basketball since that is where you live. You are completely off base on Mittie.
We still have hope this year in Women's Basketball. But, we probably have to win the conference tournament (something we have never done) to get into the NCAA Tournament. I think we had 5 starters back off of an NCAA team and conference champion last year. We are done with our first trip through the conference. We beat the top 6 teams and lost to the bottom 2. Those losses will just about make it impossible to be an at large team this year.

nayr150

No. As long as the program isn't going backwards over a 2-3 year stretch, Mittie can stay as long as he likes.

That being said, I am tired of one-and-done's in the big dance. Although, for the men, one-and-done would be awesome. So, I guess I can live with it.

TCU2002

I am starting to move out of the "Mittie is untouchable" camp.

These last two losses are *BAD*. And they come on the heels of a couple of seasons that were promising but ended in post-season flameouts.

It is not unreasonable to wonder what is going on with the women's program and whether or not the Mittie run is starting to be played out. he obviously is not reaching his players at this point.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
In one week, we have lost to New Mexico (giving them their first conference win) and Air Force (given them their second). Air Force has now matched their best start in MWC history at 2-5 in conference.

I agree. Any coach whose teams win 20 games a year and go to the NCAA tournament, have no place at TCU

TEUFELI

9:47 pm Sat nt- Geefrogs = drunk 22yr old at Park...too important to look up from his phone in a bar full of [Craig James], he's alone, would rather be perceived as doin big deals...

TCU2002

Wow...has there ever been a better example of "Knee-Jerk Reaction"? Sheesh.

Try again. I've been as solid a Mittie supporter as there is on the board. Never once have said anything about getting rid of him.

But, this is starting to look bad. What he's done for women's basketball at TCU has been great, wonderful, historic, trailblazing. All those things.

With this season though, on top of a stagnation that is now a couple of years in, he is starting to lose me. Starting to.

That's not knee-jerk.

Frogs1983

Maybe Mittie can switch to Coaching the Men's BB team,and we can get a new women's BB Coach then?Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

geefrogs

9:47 pm Sat nt- Geefrogs = drunk 22yr old at Park...too important to look up from his phone in a bar full of [Craig James], he's alone, would rather be perceived as doin big deals...

what the hell are you talking about....? You clearly know me very well.
blink.gif