• The KillerFrogs

It’s one thing to look bad, it’s another to be just embarrassing…

Chongo94

@DeuceBoogieNights said in the game thread, “There's no reason we should look as bad as we've looked this year. It's one thing to have a rebuilding season. It's another to just be embarrassing.”

This says it all. You cannot blame how bad this team looks on losing 5-6 players especially considering many of the remaining players played last year for TCU or other D1 teams.

This coaching staff has basically kicked the chair legs out from under this program. They have effectively, in the span of just 8 games, absolutely destroyed any and ALL momentum and goodwill from last season’s run with the general public and I wonder, worryingly, how recruits start to view this staff and program moving forward into the offseason.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Yup. Maybe all the Woodford Reserve and Glenfiddich erased my memory of 2018-21, but I can’t remember a greater no-show than this. Zero plan, zero effort, zero heart. Utterly embarrassing.
Truly. It’s not even infuriating really, it’s just sad. It’s like that meme of the Simpsons or whatever where the kid says stop kicking him, he’s already dead.

LVH

Echos my sentiments exactly.

This is the 3rd time we've played a team with less talent than we have and utilizes a run first offense with a QB who is a run first QB and has a hard time throwing the ball downfield.

So what do we do defensively? We defend them as if we are facing Dan Marino with Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, and Randy Moss at Wide Receiver and Tony Gonzalez at Tight End. With 3 down linemen, guys far off the ball and dropping in coverage and no one left to play contain if the ball is run outside the tackles. Another poster put it best - this defense doesn't attack, it waits. WVU and ISU had QBs that couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat throwing the ball and yet still somehow let them carve us up on the ground and Kansas State is doing what ISU/WVU did to us on steroids.

Offensively its just a mess. Briles is so focused on running tempo that we screw up the fundamentals. Kansas State wasn't going to let Hoover sit back like he did against BYU and brought pressure non stop and not once did we take advantage of the aggressiveness by running a screen, draw, shovel pass or any play that is designed to beat a blitz. Bailey is the only one who seems to care.

This is looking like another Gene Chizik/Ed Oregeron situation, they took the previous coach's players and rode generational/NFL talent to a title. But at least those 2 won the title game.

LVH

Yup. Maybe all the Woodford Reserve and Glenfiddich erased my memory of 2018-21, but I can’t remember a greater no-show than this. Zero plan, zero effort, zero heart. Utterly embarrassing.
Can't remember the last time we got beat start to finish like this.

Oklahoma State and Iowa State in 2021 were bad but at least we had the excuse of having an interim staff and no QB at that point.

Kansas State took the opening kickoff, shoved it down our throat and we never made a game of it at all.

Froggy Style

Can't remember the last time we got beat start to finish like this.

Oklahoma State and Iowa State in 2021 were bad but at least we had the excuse of having an interim staff and no QB at that point.

Kansas State took the opening kickoff, shoved it down our throat and we never made a game of it at all.
It did seem like Gillespie adjusted a tiny bit in the second half....for the 15th time in 20 games. Great...perhaps he should have studied the other team before the game to know, like the rest of us, that they were going to run it down our throat.

Dude sucks, and everyone in college football knows it.

Big Frog II

It did seem like Gillespie adjusted a tiny bit in the second half....for the 15th time in 20 games. Great...perhaps he should have studied the other team before the game to know, like the rest of us, that they were going to run it down our throat.

Dude sucks, and everyone in college football knows it.
He has coached one good game since he has come here and that was against Texas. I will never figure out how he only allowed 3 points.