• The KillerFrogs

Is there such a thing as too much purple?

Frog DJ

I'm an avid jogger, and people have repeatedly commented that they've seen me - always in my TCU gear, on my regular route.

One day, my family drove past and my then-teenaged daughter asked her mother if people thought I was gay, because I always wore purple.

My wife responded, "No honey, I think everybody in Fort Bend County knows your Daddy went to TCU."

Go Frogs!

Houston Frog

I'm an avid jogger, and people have repeatedly commented that they've seen me - always in my TCU gear, on my regular route.

One day, my family drove past and my then-teenaged daughter asked her mother if people thought I was gay, because I always wore purple.

My wife responded, "No honey, I think everybody in Fort Bend County knows your Daddy went to TCU."

Go Frogs!

I always jog in a TCU shirt

jake102

I jog 3-4 days a week in a TCU shirt. Of course, where I jog half the people have TCU shirts on. Because I'm on TCU property.

But now I know that I run by Patterson's house...

oldscribe

Maybe none of you ever knew Paul Ridings Sr. (son of Willard Ridings of TCU historic note and father of Paul jr.). Ridings used to wear ALL purple (well, I never saw his shorts, but....). Purple suit, purple tie, purple shirt, purple shoes.....lso my answer is, ``Yes, it is rare but it is possible to wear too much purple."

tcumaniac

Go Frogs!
Teeange girl huh? What's her name and number???

ricksterh

Maybe none of you ever knew Paul Ridings Sr. (son of Willard Ridings of TCU historic note and father of Paul jr.). Ridings used to wear ALL purple (well, I never saw his shorts, but....). Purple suit, purple tie, purple shirt, purple shoes.....lso my answer is, ``Yes, it is rare but it is possible to wear too much purple."

I knew the Ridings well. You didn't mention that he used to wear purple cowboy boots a lot! :biggrin: Paul Jr and I used to keep the stats at the basketball games and I still keep in touch with him from time to time. :biggrin:

Houston Frog

Teeange girl huh? What's her name and number???

1309491018-87.jpg

steelfrog

Tier 1
Aright--here we go; Steel has:

Purple ties (2) for work

Purple shirts for work (3)

Purple boots

Purple ball caps

MANY purple t-shirts, long sleeves, etc

Purple jackets

Signs letters and such in purple at work

Uses purple tabs and stickies always

Kids all wear purple always

Also, anytime someone at work is wearing anything purple, Steel will say, "Like your TCU (fill in the blank)"

Purple towels at home

steelfrog

Tier 1
Oh, almost forgot--Steel now climbs mountains with a small ceramic, very unique, horned frog, so Steel takes summit shots of the Horned Frog on top of the world!

Stiff Arm Frog

I would draw the line at purchasing one of these:

LARGEIMAGE_399930.jpg

Unless you are employed by TCU to visit high schools, this should not be in anyone's wardrobe.

Got one! And several other variations of purple ties, lots of shirts, hats, shorts. I am fortunate to work at TCU, so get to wear purple often for that reason. Wear purple shorts, and/or shirt to the gym always. One of my male students said something about wearing purple as being too gay....my reply, "confident heterosexuals wear purple". :laugh:
I would draw the line at purchasing one of these:

LARGEIMAGE_399930.jpg

Unless you are employed by TCU to visit high schools, this should not be in anyone's wardrobe.

Limey Frog

I'm wearing a purple polo shirt today that has no TCU logo on it. I don't think I ever wore purple prior to my affiliation with TCU, but I do often now. No, you can't be too proud of you school or wear its colors too often.

You can, however, wear purple trousers along with purple shirt and make yourself look like a mardi gras participant. The monochrome outfit is definitely too much purple.