• The KillerFrogs

Intro and Seating

kodiak

In this year of stadium transition, maybe we should try something new to get everyone into their seat prior to kickoff. Begin the GO...FROGS chant prior to the kids and team running onto the field. Make the stadium the place to be before the game. Out of the lots into the seats.

Hey..... it's 4am. The mind is a terrible place at that hour, throw in some whiskey and you never know. :cool:

Endless Purple

Since the white out in Utah was so successful, maybe something for the Boise game if both teams are undefeated.

Have all the TCU fans gather outside the gate, then walk in together chanting "T.C.U.". Maybe even do it as the team comes out of the locker so they can see it.

LeagueCityFrog

I think we should do what Eric Hyman is doing down at South Carolina to get the crowd pumped up before the game. Obviously, TCU builds Super Frog a box to reveal our mascot before the game. And If we do a night game, I think we should do it like LSU does their games' intros. Awesome. I think TCU is close. Cool new stadium, great band, great cheerleaders and showgirls, winning team, feisty coach, new audio and video, and of course, the frog horn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo_Cq4irNE0&feature=feedf

TCUdirtbag

Nobody is going to put the booze down early unless the opposing team is perceived as a challenge. Period. No gimmicks or "new traditions" are going to change that. It will be better when we get into the Big East, and when we have big home games (OU, UVA). Next year--2012--we'll have a chance to make it better with all the "new"---stadium, conference, etc. If this is a successful year then I think people will get to games on time in 2012.

Geaux Frogs

When talking about stadium atmosphere and game day traditions, LSU is a great program to shoot for. They do it right. I hope a lot of you make it to Baton Rouge in a few years to experience it. TCU can build an atmosphere like that, but it will take time. I do my part and hope it catches on...there is nothing more fun than a full Saturday on campus tailgating and getting to see a great football game.

froginaustin

The football-fan serious parties at SEC schools particularly Ole Miss and LSU seem to start a lot longer before kickoff than TCU will permit fans to set up tailgates on TCU property. I suppose there's no hope of kicking student cars off the lots and letting tailgaters on, beginning, say, Friday morning before a Saturday game?

That would be a late start for some of our friends in SEC country.

joejordan

When talking about stadium atmosphere and game day traditions, LSU is a great program to shoot for. They do it right. I hope a lot of you make it to Baton Rouge in a few years to experience it. TCU can build an atmosphere like that, but it will take time. I do my part and hope it catches on...there is nothing more fun than a full Saturday on campus tailgating and getting to see a great football game.
I have experienced many full Saturdays on campus and getting to see a great football game...right here at little 'ol TCU.

I love to tailgate with old and new friends, try to be very hospitable to opposing teams' fans (more so since Clemson, except Baylor, SMU, Taxes and tt), and get in the stadium by kickoff. It doesn't always happen, though, because I hate crowds and queing, or get caught up in a conversation that makes me late. I have missed a thing or two, but not much of consequence.

TCU will not likely have the atmosphere of a large, public university on game day because we will never be that. One thing I feel is certain...the recent run of success in football and the realities of the collegeing business means TCU will get larger, with enrollment increasing about 50%, over a couple decades. It will still be a small, private university that is aiming for a unique, classic undergrad-focused experience, while playing on the stage dominated by large, public, research and graduate program focused universities.

The fact that TCU makes significant progress on that stage is remarkable, and a compliment to the administrators and BOD's, along with the universities many supporters.