• The KillerFrogs

Interesting post from Gary about attendance...

He's a big part of the problem. He locks the entire program down during the off season, cuts off fan access, and does nothing to generate excitement, optimism, etc. Then he chastises the loyal fans (because we're the only ones listening at the random times he speaks), as if we're the problem.

No, coach. You are the problem.

He's a big part of the problem. He locks the entire program down during the off season, cuts off fan access, and does nothing to generate excitement, optimism, etc. Then he chastises the loyal fans (because we're the only ones listening at the random times he speaks), as if we're the problem.

Uh, bull spit. He constantly talks about tbe frogs, and attends all the luncheons, etc. Gary got us into the Big XII. Don’t go scheissing blaming him for bad attendance.

Pharm Frog

Uh, bull spit. He constantly talks about tbe frogs, and attends all the luncheons, etc. Gary got us into the Big XII. Don’t go scheissing blaming him for bad attendance.

GF is not wrong although I think he overstates the impact on game attendance. If CGP was presiding over a winning program I think the attendance would follow despite his paranoia and iron-fisted control over the accessibility to the program.

HFrog12

GP is not wrong however this a net negative from a head coach in my opinion. His job is to win the games, that’s how you fill the stands. We already know what TCU’s attendance issues come from. People aren’t going to flock to this game or pull their tix from StubHub bc GP tweeted this. More embarrassing and pointing out that we have bad fans, which isn’t wrong btw, just doesn’t need to come from a head coach who locks out fans and is teetering on bowl eligibility the last few years.

Go Frogs. Pack the Carter.

Eight

GP is not wrong however this a net negative from a head coach in my opinion. His job is to win the games, that’s how you fill the stands. We already know what TCU’s attendance issues come from. People aren’t going to flock to this game or pull their tix from StubHub bc GP tweeted this. More embarrassing and pointing out that we have bad fans, which isn’t wrong btw, just doesn’t need to come from a head coach who locks out fans and is teetering on bowl eligibility the last few years.

Go Frogs. Pack the Carter.

so a school with less than 100k living alumni, roughly 10k students, and a 50k seat stadium in which you sold your soul to certain donors to build the stadium has bad fans?

this i call bull [ Finebaum ]. most of college football is now starting to feel the pain of pricing a portion of their fan base out of attending games. people on this board do realize that there are people, many who at one time had season tickets who don't have enough annual income to truly benefit from the tax deduction of the annual donations asked of season ticket holders along with money for parking passes etc.....

keep asking this question, but don't get many answers so i can guess the answer, but exactly what marketing campaigns has tcu initiated the past few seasons to connect with those in the metroplex who aren't frogs, but are college football fans?

the school took the easy money funding the stadium, priced out and screwed over some of their long time season ticket fan base along with the fact that for many the college football game day experience just isn't enjoyable enough, especially for a team that has roughly .500 the past three seasons

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
As of late an annual .500 football team, September day time games in Texas and
a closed access team to the city and fans isn’t going to build a hysterically supportive fan base.

But TCU doesn’t have the cojones to tell the Big 12 or TV networks to off in September in the daytime! So, Gary you want more butts in the stands……
Win more games …….. and either have every game in September in Texas at night

SwissArmyFrog

Erm, he's not blaming the loyal fans who come to the games...because they are there!

Bob Sugar

Speaking of attendance, I have two tickets in the SEZ under the overhang for shade with Touchdown club access. If interested PM me.

tcumaniac

Isn't that the visitors section? Or at least it used to be.
That has never been the visitors section. It was once part of the student section, but CDC turned it into reserved season tickets years ago. I'll never forget that either, bc I was a student at the time going on a run around the stadium and ran into CDC walking around the stadium. I stopped and talked to him for a while and he specifically asked me what I thought of reducing the student section by that section (121) to ensure the student section was full more often. I disagreed with the idea at the time saying it felt like we were overreacting to a bad season (our 4-8 season) and that I felt like it would cause issues when we were good again. It did end up causing major issues in 2014 and 2015 when there were repeated issues of large numbers of students not being able to fit into the student section, but of course, it has worked as CDC intended during our past few down seasons (minus the smu game in 2019 when we somehow allowed all those smu fans to buy up those tickets).

YA

people on this board do realize that there are people, many who at one time had season tickets who don't have enough annual income to truly benefit from the tax deduction of the annual donations asked of season ticket holders along with money for parking passes etc.
No more tax deductions for football season tickets. That went away in the last administration.

tcudoc

I am glad that Gary has taken up this issue.
Protect the Carters!

The Bidens are slowly shrinking them to action figure size.
_118367434_e0gkdddxiae6nv5.jpg

Froglaw

Yep, clearly he does not have a clue how to handle a P5 football team.

We need to hire the Kansas coach to get this program back on track.

My goodness do you think about your posts or do you just dream you have a brain like the Scarecrow?