• The KillerFrogs

I'll be damned.

OICU812

Hoover’s The Man imho. He was off-target with several passes yesterday that wound up completions because his receivers fought HARD to make plays. I’m confident he will clean that up with more reps. His reads were fantastic, especially when he rolled to his left and had the option to run or throw. There was a pass to JP that I was sure was OB but he put it where JP could make the grab going out and he did. His only bad decision imo was choosing not to pull it down and run when he had open field and forced it and wound up incomplete. Again, he’ll see that on film and put it into the memory bank.
As for, “now defenses have tape on him,” well that works both ways: it’s going to cause DCs some nightmares because of his running ability and decision-making, plus knowing that if they focus too much on him it will open things up for Bailey.
Edit: and OBTW, WELCOME BACK SAVION!!!

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
All I'm say is people are acting like he's the next coming of Max or Andy. I hope he's what this team needs offensively. But let's wait to see a few games.
There is definitely some irrational exuberance around here but I have to admit I feel much more optimistic than I did after WVU/Iowa St back to back

Last edited:

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
The best question since six pm today. My confidence level in this staff has dropped steadily, today it's not even on the page. I can't find it at all. Evidently, common sense in observation is somewhere other than in Ft. Worth!!!

No denying Hoover is 65% better than Morris. The other item that was IMMEDIATELY apparent, the kids played better!. Looked like they wanted to be better than the other team. Even the defence looked confident!

What's the reason for stupidly in decision application??!!
Hoover made all of the Receivers better!!!!

TooColdU

I will repeat something that Schloss once said. We as fans are looking at a much more limited body of work then what the coaches see. They see practice every day, spring ball, the spring game, August 2 a days. The whole bit. Gotta give them some benefit of the doubt. Hoover scared me to death in the Nichols State game and the first drive or 2 against ISU.

I'm cautiously optimistic again and I love it.
Schloss might've been seeing too many "bodies of work"
Very Funny Reaction GIF

tetonfrog

There is definitely some irrational exuberance around here but I have to admit I feel much more optimistic than I did after WVU/Iowa St back to back.
We will get a good read of Hoover on Saturday in Manhattan. I know KSU is going to bring more pressure on him. There is no way they are going to allow Hoover to sit in the pocket and go through his reads like BYU did yesterday. I am curious to see how he handles the heat, but he will need help from his WRs and the OL must handle the blitz better than they did against WV.

Ron Swanson

I don’t think anyone is saying he’s the second coming just yet but he really looked far more self assured and comfortable than Morris ever has. He also made reads quicker than Morris does.

For me, given that Morris hasn’t looked that great, and has gotten injured the last 2-3 years, just let Hoover start the rest of the year and see what happens. If it works, great, if it doesn’t, let the Aledo kid take the reins.
I mean, you could see it pretty quickly against Iowa St (after the first possession) and then it continued to get better against BYU.

Hoover just looked different (i.e. more confident) and the ball flies off his hand more effortlessly than Chandler. The offense seemed more open because the vertical passing game was now a thing. Everything seems more effortless and just clicks.

Hoover is very clearly the better QB and there is no way Chandler starts again unless it’s out of necessity.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Hoover also gets the ball out quickly, gets through his reads and finds a receiver to target which helps avoid pressure and sacks. Morris to me holds the ball too long, is indecisive leading to hurries, sacks, poor throws.

Last edited:

calisuperfrog

I was impressed how he shifted his eyes and didn’t lock on one read (Morris seems to do). He actually went through them or even gave some misdirection. Great outing. KSU will give him some pressure.

Bruce Berry

My observations on Saturday:

Hoover was very impressive. As was the offensive line.
I'm getting close to apologizing to JG. (Not quite yet)
It was obvious the team was more cohesive.
The weather was awesome.
Its only a matter of time that an alumni cheerleader suffers serious physical harm on the field.

Brog

I was impressed how he shifted his eyes and didn’t lock on one read (Morris seems to do). He actually went through them or even gave some misdirection. Great outing. KSU will give him some pressure.
What kind of TV do you have? I couldn't see him shifting his eyes during plays. And sure could 't from the stands.

FrogCop19

What kind of TV do you have? I couldn't see him shifting his eyes during plays. And sure could 't from the stands.
Part of it was on replays, but a huge part of people's awareness of this actually came from the announcers. They were CONSTANTLY praising him for it, and even pointing it out when he did it. There were several occasions when he would look left to keep the safety or linebackers held in place just long enough and then he turns and throws it to a receiver that's wide open because the defense was reading his eyes.

CountryFrog

I mean, you could see it pretty quickly against Iowa St (after the first possession) and then it continued to get better against BYU.

Hoover just looked different (i.e. more confident) and the ball flies off his hand more effortlessly than Chandler. The offense seemed more open because the vertical passing game was now a thing. Everything seems more effortless and just clicks.

Hoover is very clearly the better QB and there is no way Chandler starts again unless it’s out of necessity.
Agree with a lot of this but I'm waiting at least 5 days (plus 9 or so hours) to say he's "clearly" the better QB. Loved what I saw at the end of the ISU game and throughout the BYU game obviously. If he plays that well again on Saturday then I'll be more than happy to say he's clearly better.

And when I say "plays that well again" I'm not talking about stats. If he has fewer attempts and throws for half as many yards and TD's but looks equally as accurate, decisive, and in control as he looked against BYU then that's what I'm looking for. He can play great and only throw for 210 yards depending on how the game plays out.

ShreveFrog

Dalton (RS Fr.) 18-30, 205 yds, 1 td, 0 int in 27-0 win over Baylor.

Duggan (true fr.) - 16-36, 188 yds, 3 td, 0 int, 11 carries, 31 yards (2 sacks) in 41-38 loss to SMU

Pachall (true soph) - 25-39, 251 yds, 4 td, 1 int in 50-48 loss at Baylor

Last edited:

SwissArmyFrog

CM was 100% a different player that day than the one we have seen since. Injuries can do lots of ”dain bramage” after return.

Well, in fairness, after we beat #5 and future conference champs Baylor we got absolutely destroyed the next week 63-17 vs. Oklahoma State. Neither game was all Morris's doing, but I'm not yet convinced a couple of sprained knees have had the direct connection to lesser play from Morris some feel it may have had.

Unless Morris himself or a coach has said otherwise, which is certainly possible.

Frog Brother

Hoover won me over when i saw him make accurate throws while rolling to his right. And by rolling I mean at times, running after escaping a collapsed pocket. Then he hauled off and made some accurate throws running to his left!

I wish CM all the best in life and football but he has shown to be pretty bad at throwing on the move, but sadly he doesn't realize it cause he did it too much!

I vote Hoover the rest of the year!

dawg

Dalton (RS Fr.) 18-30, 205 yds, 1 td, 0 int in 27-0 win over Baylor.

Duggan (true fr.) - 16-36, 188 yds, 3 td, 0 int, 11 carries, 31 yards (2 sacks) in 41-38 loss to SMU

Pachall (true soph) - 25-39, 251 yds, 4 td, 1 int in 50-48 loss at Baylor
Fify. We can never ascribe to the Rapists any additional points.

But your point is a solid one. Hoover put up good numbers in his first start:

37/58, 439 yds, 4 TDs, 2 INTs.