1. The KillerFrogs

If you could have dinner with three historical figures, living or dead, who would they be?

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by CryptoMiner, Jan 31, 2020.

1. classic misunderstanding of what an offensive coordinator is.

2. Weird answer, but annoying how overly sensitive our culture has become.

3. So true, people tend to [ hundin] and moan about every little thing.

Double V, Purp, Salfrog and 2 others like this.
  4. I think it could be interesting to have a conversation with an infamous person like Hitler, Stalin or some dictator. Although my reasons of finding it interesting would be different than what the football coach listed.

However, I would prefer my three to be Jesus, Paul and C.S. Lewis. Or maybe substitute Paul for Augustine. It would be amazing just hearing these folks talk with each other although probably a bit intellectually intimidating.

5. I don't have an issue with the answer. Probably the most famous and important figure in recent (past 200 years) history, obviously for terrible reasons.

GoFrog Yourself and Sweat Equity like this.
  6. Not hard to lead when you kill anyone who disagrees with you.

Double V likes this.
  7. In many cases this is right. "I think Hitler was a great leader" is not one of those cases.

8. Dumb he lost his job over it. It's not like the question was "What three people do you admire the most and would want to have dinner with?"
    They straight-up reference him as a history buff in the question. Hitler wouldn't be in my top 100, but can't deny it would be a fascinating dinner with the guy.
    I'd say Douglas Adams, "Weird Al" Yankovic, and William the Conqueror.

9. I’d fire that coach for being dumb. Hitler, JFK and Christopher Columbus? Unless Jack can translate from German and Italian, that’s going to be a pretty uncomfortable dinner.

Assuming relatives who have passed away don’t count as “historical,” my list would include some combination of Winston Churchill, Mark Twain, Teddy Roosevelt, Henry VIII, Da Vinci, Shakespeare and Benjamin Franklin. And of course Jesus, as long as he promised to lay off the guilt, ‘cause chances are good me and the other two at the table are gonna down a few.

edit: and Jesus speaks English. It’s the stuff in red towards the back of my NRSV edition.

ftwfrog, QuilterFrawg and Double V like this.
  10. #11 Double D, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Jack Hesselbrock (How could I forget Jaaaacccckkkkk!!)
    Neil Armstrong
    General Patton
    Jimmy Johnson (football coach)

steelfrog and Frog-in-law1995 like this.
  11. You and Neil would never get a word in.

ftwfrog likes this.
  12. You people are doing it all wrong:

Carol Doda
    Raquel Welch
    Anna Nichole Smith

13. Mo, Larry, Curly

14. They were an awesome band...
    [​IMG]

15. PC gone awry.
    His backpedaling retraction reminded me of this old standard (not really sure why):
    I had dinner with my father last night, and made a classic Freudian slip. I meant to say, “Please pass the salt,” but it came out, “You prick, you ruined my childhood."
    -Jonathan Katz

16. I’d trade-in all 3 picks if I could choose my (late) Dad. April marks 10 years.

17. Joseph Stalin
    Saddam Hussein
    Art Briles

:rolleyes:

18. I had several conversations with Ruby, and you would probably not like him Tough guy but not so smart.
    My three:
    Stan Musial
    Ronald Reagan
    Dutch Meyer

TCU_91, Frog DJ and nwlafrog like this.