• The KillerFrogs

If you could have dinner with three historical figures, living or dead, who would they be?

Pharm Frog

Teller, Calvin Coolidge, and Andreas Grassi. Basically I prefer not to be disturbed at dinner but wouldn't mind seeing a few post-dinner illusions set to classical piano while sitting with a former president.

Paint It Purple

Teller, Calvin Coolidge, and Andreas Grassi. Basically I prefer not to be disturbed at dinner but wouldn't mind seeing a few post-dinner illusions set to classical piano while sitting with a former president.
You must visit the ‘State Game Lodge” in Custer State Park SD. CC’s western Summer White House. His ghost may still be there and available for a dinner engagement.

Paint It Purple

I’d fire that coach for being dumb. Hitler, JFK and Christopher Columbus? Unless Jack can translate from German and Italian, that’s going to be a pretty uncomfortable dinner.

Assuming relatives who have passed away don’t count as “historical,” my list would include some combination of Winston Churchill, Mark Twain, Teddy Roosevelt, Henry VIII, Da Vinci, Shakespeare and Benjamin Franklin. And of course Jesus, as long as he promised to lay off the guilt, ‘cause chances are good me and the other two at the table are gonna down a few.

edit: and Jesus speaks English. It’s the stuff in red towards the back of my NRSV edition.
“When you find yourself on the side of the Majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” Twain

Wexahu

Not historical figures but

1) great grandfather,
2) great-great grandfather,
3) great-great-great grandfather

I saw something where a huge percentage of people don't really know anything about their family past their grandparents and possibly great grandparents. I'm one of those. I think that would be an amazingly interesting dinner.

givings

Benjamin Franklin - he could help me prioritize the virtues I seek
Victor Frankel - maybe he could help me find my new purpose.
Rodger Feineman - it's a stretch but maybe he could find the right way to understand the knowledge that he has shared.

StinnettFrog

I’m thinking if they are dead the conversation will pretty much be nonexistent. Then again that is not all bad. I’d go with Robert Redford, Salma Hayek and Morgan Freeman. Figure I can listen to their stories and just enjoy the view.

Wexahu

I’m thinking if they are dead the conversation will pretty much be nonexistent. Then again that is not all bad. I’d go with Robert Redford, Salma Hayek and Morgan Freeman. Figure I can listen to their stories and just enjoy the view.

Saw a couple recent pictures of Salma Hayek floating around on the internet. I stared awhile.

JugbandFrog

Cleopatra

Marilyn Monroe

Hedy Lamarr

hedy-lamarr-featured.jpg

I was thinking old school ladies as well.

Ernest Hemingway

General Patton

Joan of Arc