• The KillerFrogs

I'd still rather have ASU, Arizona and Utah............

tcudoc

If one guy eats a wedge of pie and another eats a plateful of meringue, guess which one is likely have his hunger satisfied?
giphy.gif

I need a calculator so I can divide by pie.

Eight

When I get meringue piled that high, I'm usually suspicious that it's to conceal how much I'm getting shorted on actual pie -- so I scrap most of the meringue off.

If one guy eats a wedge of pie and another eats a plateful of meringue, guess which one is likely have his hunger satisfied?

not the guy who ate the small, cheese pizza from pizza pi, know that from personal experience

SousaFrog

Agree. In addition to rekindling "The Holy War" , I'd like to rekindle our own little war with them. I couldn't care less if a big chunk of their fan base are snobs as I don't care much for them either....I just believe they would add strength and stability to the conference.
We've had some really good games with the Utes, in the Mountain West, and their Sugar Bowl win was great! Also, yes, they would definitely be a value-add to the Big 12.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
It’s about adding media markets, not a good teams. Look at B1G business model. They added USC. UCLA, Rutgers and Maryland. USC is the only real good team out of the bunch, Rutgers and Maryland are terrible and UCLA has a very underwhelming history. It was all about adding the number 1 and 2 media markets to maximize the biggest possible TV deal. Side story that is why the B1G doesn’t care that much about Oregon and Washington. For the Big 12 adding UH, UCF was about getting access to Houston and the Florida media. The PAC was all worried about research institutions not media markets. That is why it is not dying.
UH won’t bring any eyes. Houston is and always has been an A&M, UT and LSU alumni hotbed. Cincinnati is a very small market that won’t take anyone from tOSU. The whole state of Utah has about a million fewer people than the city of Phoenix Houston. And how many eyeballs is UCF going to steal from FSU, Florida and Miami? So, I don’t know if I buy the media market thing.

Deep Purple

Deep Logic: Before mixing vacation and TCU away games: Ask yourself WWDD (what would deep do?)
That is not Deep Logic. Deep said absolutely nothing against mixing vacation with TCU away games. I said good vacations spots are not a relevant factor in chosing the best-fitting programs for conference expansion. Not one conference in America factors that into the equation. They look at media markets and product inventory, not tourism. They don't collect a nickel off of tourism.

That was the reason for the scarecrow gif. You set up a straw man (attributing things I never said) just so you can easily knock it down again (use sarcasm to "refute" arguments I never made). With that line of counterfeit reasoning, you could become some politician's campaign manager.

Chongo94

UH won’t bring any eyes. Houston is and always has been an A&M, UT and LSU alumni hotbed. Cincinnati is a very small market that won’t take anyone from tOSU. The whole state of Utah has about a million fewer people than the city of Phoenix Houston. And how many eyeballs is UCF going to steal from FSU, Florida and Miami? So, I don’t know if I buy the media market thing.
You’d actually be surprised at the number of people that follow and watch UCF…at least in their area of Florida. It’s a huge school that’s been pumping out large numbers of alumni for years now too.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
You’d actually be surprised at the number of people that follow and watch UCF…at least in their area of Florida. It’s a huge school that’s been pumping out large numbers of alumni for years now too.
I’m sure a school of that size has a good number of fans, but likely still a solid loser to the big draws in Florid.

y2kFrog

Rutgers doesn’t bring eyeballs either but it gets B1G on cable in the NY market and that’s all that matters when building a media deal.

Wexahu

Rutgers doesn’t bring eyeballs either but it gets B1G on cable in the NY market and that’s all that matters when building a media deal.
I have a hard time thinking Rutgers gets the Big 10 on cable in NYC.

The Big 10 is on cable here in DFW, isn’t it? I’ve always gotten it, I know that. And there isn’t a Big 10 school within 600 miles from here.

I don’t get it. Take Rutgers out of that league and I’d sure think NYC cable would carry the B10 network.

y2kFrog

I have a hard time thinking Rutgers gets the Big 10 on cable in NYC.

The Big 10 is on cable here in DFW, isn’t it? I’ve always gotten it, I know that. And there isn’t a Big 10 school within 600 miles from here.

I don’t get it. Take Rutgers out of that league and I’d sure think NYC cable would carry the B10 network.

It was somewhere in another thread, but they get significantly more money per subscriber in markets they have teams and that includes New York. That was always the business model that got the B1G network way more cash than other conference networks. That is also why they were laser focused on USC and UCLA for membership because they wanted to add LA (media market 2) to the formula as well.

Froggy Bottom

Agree UA, ASU and Utah would huge gets. Hope Utah isn’t dumb. Even UT swallowed their pride and followed A&M to the SEC because it’s a better deal for them

Latest posts