• The KillerFrogs

I Hate the BE BB Schools

WVUFan

BE offered TCU Football only membership

TCU has declined partial membership

I hope the FB school split i really do. I am tiered of the BB school pulling these stunts.

And good for you (TCU) I would have done the same thing

TCUdirtbag

He does not say TCU was extended any sort of invitation.
Let's not start such rumors. People will lose their minds.
http://twitter.com/#!/tonycaridi

He retweeted a link to the Sporting News article where athletic director Chris Del Conte is quoted as saying we will only compete in one conference for all sports.

50FT FROG

His tweet does not say TCU was extended any sort of invitation.

He simply tweets a link to the article on Sporting News where our athletic director is quoted as saying we will only compete in once conference for all sports.
if the big east offers, it will be for all sports.

WVUFan

I will try to get you one. I just got a call from some people telling me this people who do know what they are talking about. and i have found the same story running through other sites already.

what i was told the BE may make a full offer but they will need to do a lot of convincing of the bball teams

I apologize that i can not provide proof for you.

I was told three days ago TCU did get an offer but was not sure if they would accept it or they were delaying its acceptance and i was also told of another team.

Again i apologize i can not give you definitive proof about this

dweller

I think all these stories in the press have been trial balloons. The Big East is not going to offer anything unless they are sure of the answer. It is all positioning. Could you imagine the headlines if the Big East offered and TCU turned them down.
If there is an offer it will be for all sports, if that is not accepetable to the majority of the Big East schools then there will be no offer. It ain't over till GP says it's over. :blush:

WVUFan

if the big east offers, it will be for all sports.

there was information about TCU declining an invite but it has sense been removed.
again i was told a couple days ago TCU has a partial offer on the table. that was before the articles can out that TCU might accept a partial.

Rabble Rouser

I will try to get you one. I just got a call from some people telling me this people who do know what they are talking about. and i have found the same story running through other sites already.

what i was told the BE may make a full offer but they will need to do a lot of convincing of the bball teams

I apologize that i can not provide proof for you.

I was told three days ago TCU did get an offer but was not sure if they would accept it or they were delaying its acceptance and i was also told of another team.

Again i apologize i can not give you definitive proof about this

BS, I know a pot stirrer when I see one.

Rabble Rouser

there was information about TCU declining an invite but it has sense been removed.
again i was told a couple days ago TCU has a partial offer on the table. that was before the articles can out that TCU might accept a partial.

might? Article I read insinuated "won't."

West Coast Johnny

Guess who this is?

original_display_image.png

TCUdirtbag

1. First, your source was a tweet that either (a) was misread, or (b) does not exist
2. Second, your source was "other sites," though no link to said sources were provided
3. Third, you said TCU "might" accept full invite, which is disproved by article aforementioned in (1)(a)
4. What Dweller said. It would be too embarrassing to be turned down. All this media stuff is both sides showing each other their full hand.

BE: "providence college isn't sure, so how does fb only sound?;"
TCU: "lol who the f is providence college? all or nothing."

fanatical frog

BS, I know a pot stirrer when I see one.

Nah.......I think WVUFan is sincere (with all due respect, of course).

He's also made it pretty clear he favors TCU for addition and seems to have things figured out pretty much the way most of us do.

The BE football schools know what they need to do and they need to pull the trigger....who knows how long this window will be open.

He seems sincere, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the BE floated the idea to see if we were interested. Pretty obvious from CDC's comments that we are not interested in screwing over our other athletic programs for football the way BYU did.

PurplePutt

Don't know the legalities but BE should dump all the BB only schools and give ND an ultimatum. Tell them to play football or hit the road.

Having all those BB only schools will really get cumbersome if trying to become a big football conference.

I think it is wise of the BE to get proactive and try to solidify themselves now before the big earthquake of realignment happens. Bottom line though is they need to go to at least 12 and unless they can convince some combination of KU/KSU/Mizzou to bolt from the Bevo 10, There just isn't anyone who is going to make that kind of difference. Don't think more Conf USA teams like ECU, UH, Memphis will cut it.

Genbukan

I think it is wise of the BE to get proactive and try to solidify themselves now before the big earthquake of realignment happens. Bottom line though is they need to go to at least 12 and unless they can convince some combination of KU/KSU/Mizzou to bolt from the Bevo 10, There just isn't anyone who is going to make that kind of difference. Don't think more Conf USA teams like ECU, UH, Memphis will cut it.

Agreed. The bb schools have their head stuck up their ... The thing is the bb only schools can bring a ton of value but only in combination with strong football. The Big East network could very well be the top grossing conference TV network because of the content that the talked about 20/12 superconference could provide. Everything breaks down nicely into two divisions. Adding Ku/K st/Mizzou along with TCU gives basketball and football east/west splits that would keep most traditional rivalries and minimize the geographic concerns.

At the end of the day if the BE leadership can't see this then they aren't are committed to sucess as we are and it wouldn't be a good match. Give this some time to play out... I don't think it's over yet. Louisville and WVU AD's in particular seem to grasp the big picture and this issue could be the one that makes them draw a line in the sand.

Limey Frog

Don't know the legalities but BE should dump all the BB only schools and give ND an ultimatum. Tell them to play football or hit the road.

That's not a good idea. That would achieve one of two things: either the Irish would join the Big Ten, instigating football Armageddon. Or they would just send their other sports off with the remaining Catholic non-FB schools to a new league.

In terms of institutional commitments, ND is a de facto football school. You can bet your rear ed that ND's admin wants to see BE football survive at any cost except actually putting their team in the league. If the 8 football members split they should take ND with them. Say what you will about ND, but the school has cache. Keeping them as a BB member allows Big East schools to occasionally play them in non-conference football games. If we joined a 9 or 10 team football Big East Part II which included ND as its only non-FB member, the Frogs might get ND to come to Jerry World sometime. That would be pretty cool.

Dogfrog

Nah.......I think WVUFan is sincere (with all due respect, of course).

He's also made it pretty clear he favors TCU for addition and seems to have things figured out pretty much the way most of us do.

The BE football schools know what they need to do and they need to pull the trigger....who knows how long this window will be open.

It is quite possible to be both sincere and clueless.

CardsDan

BE offered TCU Football only membership

TCU has declined partial membership

I hope the FB school split i really do. I am tiered of the BB school pulling these stunts.

And good for you (TCU) I would have done the same thing

Link to the article in Sporting News.
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/feed/2010-11/big-east-expansion/story/tcu-ad-university-will-not-move-individual-program

No offer has been extended or rejected. Jeez, if the BE screws this up I am ready to burn down Providence. Marinatto is a Providence guy so who knows if he has grown a spine to stand up to the BB only schools. BTW, don't pay any attention to that stuff by Pitino. He is totally on board with whatever AD Tom Jurich wants and TJ is the biggest proponent of the football side of the equation in the Big East.