• The KillerFrogs

I don’t like this personal calling out of players

Deep Purple

But to me, they are still kids and I don’t think we should be posting threads about them personally.

So these "kids" can marry and raise a family, and we can send them to war in far-off lands to witness horrific sights and suffer unimaginable personal trauma. But they can't handle a little criticism on a sports message board?

My, how fragile people have become. By the time he was the same age as these "kids," my father was a husband, a father, and was on the other side of the world fighting in one of the most ruthless wars in human history.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
That's one of the arguments for redshirting most freshman. And Colorado sure found time to teach their kids fundamentals with basically a entire new team (at least far better than we have).
Indeed. My estimation of the CO staff hasn't changed much, but my estimation of our own staff has plummeted.

Brevity Frog

So these "kids" can marry and raise a family, and we can send them to war in far-off lands to witness horrific sights and suffer unimaginable personal trauma. But they can't handle a little criticism on a sports message board?

My, how fragile people have become. By the time he was the same age as these "kids," my father was a husband, a father, and was on the other side of the world fighting in one of the most ruthless wars in human history.
Oh please. These players endure a ton of stress and work far harder than the average college student. Of course they aren’t war heroes like your father but the work load is quite difficult and for the most part they handle it well. They are not the “snowflake” type.

The point of my post isn’t “they can’t handle it” but rather, WE should handle ourselves better. Let’s endeavor to show more maturity, respect, and discernment. Some of these personal attack posts lack all those qualities.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden

These kids are also paid professionals in their early 20s.

Rifframbahzoo20

I thought it was long-standing practice on this board not to do that. Yet, we have had two separate threads dedicated to our quarterback. I know it’s not the same as it used to be, as they are all paid now. But to me, they are still kids and I don’t think we should be posting threads about them personally.

I do believe we came out flat, unprepared, and undisciplined. Yes, it is in part the fault of the players and in part due to the coaches.

Yes, they embarrassed themselves and the fan base on Saturday. But I don’t think that we should be naming 20 year old kids in threads, saying they are the worst at their position for the last two decades, and other numerous personal attacks.

Not cool. Not right. Stop please.
100%

Deep Purple

Oh please. These players endure a ton of stress and work far harder than the average college student. Of course they aren’t war heroes like your father but the work load is quite difficult and for the most part they handle it well. They are not the “snowflake” type.

The point of my post isn’t “they can’t handle it” but rather, WE should handle ourselves better. Let’s endeavor to show more maturity, respect, and discernment. Some of these personal attack posts lack all those qualities.

You're shifting the goal post. If they can handle it, why do you say they are the "just kids"? If they're young men, they aren't "kids" and should learn to handle differing takes from other adults. They definitely don't need an emotional support network to shield them from first-world problems...

Money Tears GIF

Last edited:

Sangria Wine

Bunch of jock sniffing wannabes that are getting off on bashing kids because now they get some NIL money so they are “fair game” according to them. Same dudes that always wanted to talk [ Finebaum ] about athletes before, but since they were amateurs it was off limits but now they are professionals. Whatever. Teddy Roosevelt’s “The Man in the Arena” comes to mind…

Deep Purple

Bunch of jock sniffing wannabes that are getting off on bashing kids because now they get some NIL money so they are “fair game” according to them. Same dudes that always wanted to talk [ Finebaum ] about athletes before, but since they were amateurs it was off limits but now they are professionals. Whatever. Teddy Roosevelt’s “The Man in the Arena” comes to mind…

Mature response, Sangria Whine...

Oh No Eye Roll GIF by Studio 100

ShreveFrog

Better defense, like covering RB out of the backfield, tightening coverage at the LOS, and tackling would’ve covered up Chandler’s mistakes. Many of you seem to expect perfection at QB. Ain’t gonna happen.

mstrB

Peach bowl team never lost by 60.

Neither did rose bowl. Not the most successful.
The Rose Bowl and Peach Bowl teams didn't lose by 60 because they never went to the NC game... which is objectively less success. Judging a team by their worst game rather than their best games is quintessential loser mentality and says more about you than it does those teams. You want to knock Duggan for his NFL career but forget Boykin didn't even get drafted and got cut as well. Duggan is one of our best QBs in modern TCU and our only modern Heisman winner, so feel free to be stubborn with your opinion but you only look dumber for longer given their is objective fact staring you down right in front of you.

Maybe sending this as a linked reply will help you, Jimmy.

ShreveFrog

@mstrB - Rose and Peach Bowl champs would've had a puncher's chance to win it all -- if only given the chance. Fiesta Bowl champs needed a miraculous effort and miraculous flop by UGA.
Boykin was the primary backup to Russell Wilson his rookie season. He was waived the next year.
Duggan did not win the Heisman, though, yes, he goes down as one of TCU's best.

You nearly went o-fer on your post.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
@mstrB - Rose and Peach Bowl champs would've had a puncher's chance to win it all -- if only given the chance. Fiesta Bowl champs needed a miraculous effort and miraculous flop by UGA.
Boykin was the primary backup to Russell Wilson his rookie season. He was waived the next year.
Duggan did not win the Heisman, though, yes, he goes down as one of TCU's best.

You nearly went o-fer on your post.
Remember: Boykin was waived not for bad performance, but for some grotesque off-the-field issues.

mstrB

Remember: Boykin was waived not for bad performance, but for some grotesque off-the-field issues.
Well that is just flat out wrong, or at least in terminology.
He was beaten in the 2017 off-season for the Seattle back-up job (throwing 4 INTs) and was waived. He signed to the practice squad. He was released completely 6 months later after the domestic abuse.

Boykin was an amazing player and one of our best - his NFL time does nothing to change that, which was my main point.

tcudoc

You're shifting the goal post. If they can handle it, why do you say they are the "just kids"? If they're young men, they aren't "kids" and should learn to handle differing takes from other adults. They definitely don't need an emotional support network to shield them from first-world problems...

Money Tears GIF
It could be argued that YOU shifted the goal post when you compared the team to your father’s generation of war heroes and implied that the team deserves to be openly ridiculed and that, if it bothers them, then they need to be tougher, like your father was.