• The KillerFrogs

I don’t like this personal calling out of players

Wexahu

Peach bowl team never lost by 60.

Neither did rose bowl. Not the most successful.
Peach Bowl team never beat a Top 10 team. Rose Bowl team……please. Even if you want to make some argument that it wasn’t the best, it’s easily in the top 3. In 80+ freaking years. And Duggan was the QB. 2nd in the Heisman.

You’re an ass. And a coward too I guess.

ticketfrog123

Peach Bowl team never beat a Top 10 team. Rose Bowl team……please. Even if you want to make some argument that it wasn’t the best, it’s easily in the top 3. In 80+ freaking years. And Duggan was the QB. 2nd in the Heisman.

You’re dumb as rocks. Peach bowl beat 2 top ten teams

KSU and ole Miss.

Wexahu

You’re dumb as rocks. Peach bowl beat 2 top ten teams

KSU and ole Miss.
In the final CFP poll, KSU was 9 and OL Miss was 11. In the final AP poll, Miss was 17 and KSU was 18. So excuse me, KSU was 9 until before the bowls. But no, we didn’t beat two top 10 teams.

But let’s not worry about facts.

ticketfrog123

In the final CFP poll, KSU was 9 and OL Miss was 11. In the final AP poll, Miss was 17 and KSU was 18. So excuse me, KSU was 9 until before the bowls. But no, we didn’t beat two top 10 teams.

But let’s not worry about facts.
ksu last year sucked bc they got dragged by Alabama in a bowl game to your method

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

What? OU, Kansas State and Ole Miss were all too 10 at the time we played them and are top 10 wins. We had some other top 20 wins in there too.

Waiting to go by end of season polls is BS IMO. OU was top 5 that day and we kicked their arse. KSU was 7th that day and we kicked them in their arses too.

LisaLT

I agree the money changes the dynamic but the change may be two ways. The players may feel less connected to the school. And the fans may feel like the money entitles them to be able to demean kids publicly or that the kids have some contractual obligation to perform now, with the fans the aggrieved party in case of breach.

But both those are bad results. I still want the players to feel connection and loyalty to the school, and many do, despite the money.

And I still want the fans to treat these players with respect and in consideration of their age and vulnerability. The money doesn’t make these kids older, more mature, or less vulnerable than before NIL.

Again I think we should restore our prior rules on this board.
I agree that there should be no personal "bashing" of a player or his character. That is not constructive. Commenting about mechanics or performance can be done in a way that does not make it personal. Constructive observations about the game and players is fair game though. Now the coaches - that's a different matter. They are being paid a LOT of money and we have the right to call them out and question their decisions.

LisaLT

The best thing about that 2014 team was the utter throttling they put on the horns. I miss those days lol....

Wexahu

What? OU, Kansas State and Ole Miss were all too 10 at the time we played them and are top 10 wins. We had some other top 20 wins in there too.

Waiting to go by end of season polls is BS IMO. OU was top 5 that day and we kicked their arse. KSU was 7th that day and we kicked them in their arses too.
I think going by the “day you played them” theory is even more dumb. The earlier in the season the rankings are, the less meaningful they are, because it’s largely a guessing game as to how good teams really will be. And how good teams really are should matter wat more than how good people think they will be.

How would anyone know that OU was one of the best 5 teams in the country when we played them? They had only played like 4 games.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Watching a top 10 matchup of LSU and FSU. The winner has a top 10 win and the loser a top 10 loss. That is how it works in my world. Including if I were a sports writer recapping the season.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I think going by the “day you played them” theory is even more dumb. The earlier in the season the rankings are, the less meaningful they are, because it’s largely a guessing game as to how good teams really will be. And how good teams really are should matter wat more than how good people think they will be.

How would anyone know that OU was one of the best 5 teams in the country when we played them? They had only played like 4 games.
They walked out of the tunnel a top 5 team. We walked out facing one. We won. That is how it works. I don’t rank the teams. OU was no longer a top 5 team because we beat them. We were a top 5 team at the end.

Wexahu

Watching a top 10 matchup of LSU and FSU. The winner has a top 10 win and the loser a top 10 loss. That is how it works in my world. Including if I were a sports writer recapping the season.
Ok but that’s a really dumb way to look at it IMO. Lets say LSU wins and FSU ends up being 7-5 this year. And say Florida goes on to go 10-2 and ends the season at #6. Utah shouldn’t get credit for beating a top 10 team since Florida was unranked when they played, but LSU should have a top 10 win because they beat Florida State? I’m sorry, that just makes no sense. And giving both teams a “top 10 win” seems really dumb too.

I find that people’s opinion on this subject almost entirely depends on whose dog they have in the fight.

Rex Kramer

While this thread has already gotten off topic, as per usual, and despite the OP not living up to his name, he’s spot on. Paid or not, we should be more respectful.

And yes it goes both ways. Not staying out for the alma mater and fight song pisses me off more than anything that happened during the game. But it’s not for me to call out these kids. CSD has earned a little bit of my patience with all of this.

The top 5 or top 10 win statistic should be based on the end of the season to me. How many times has ginormous state U like Aggie or Horn that has this great reputation from the 1970’s or 1980’s and are given a Top 5-10 preseason ranking based on lazy journalism and assumptions that are not true? It happens all the time and I wish it would stop. A top 5-10 win should be judged at the end of the season for statistical purposes because to do otherwise would count wins against teams that are top 5 or 10 even though they ended the season with a losing season. To do otherwise, cheapens the meaning of a top 5 or top 10 win.

GenXFrog

I agree that there should be no personal "bashing" of a player or his character. That is not constructive. Commenting about mechanics or performance can be done in a way that does not make it personal. Constructive observations about the game and players is fair game though. Now the coaches - that's a different matter. They are being paid a LOT of money and we have the right to call them out and question their decisions.

Let's keep in mind though that there are more than a few players that are now being paid a lot more through NIL than many on the coaching staff make.

NIL is changing the landscape. Players are asking fans (us) to pay them, and pay them handsomely. If being paid a LOT of money opens someone up to being called out, then it opens those players up to being called out too.

That said, I hear you - feedback should be constructive criticism, not bitching.

Wexahu

The top 5 or top 10 win statistic should be based on the end of the season to me. How many times has ginormous state U like Aggie or Horn that has this great reputation from the 1970’s or 1980’s and are given a Top 5-10 preseason ranking based on lazy journalism and assumptions that are not true? It happens all the time and I wish it would stop. A top 5-10 win should be judged at the end of the season for statistical purposes because to do otherwise would count wins against teams that are top 5 or 10 even though they ended the season with a losing season. To do otherwise, cheapens the meaning of a top 5 or top 10 win.
That’s the way the committee does it when they compare resumes at he end of the season. And there’s a reason for that. Doing it any other way makes no sense,