• The KillerFrogs

HYPNOTOAD Video

Toad Jones

What you have described is branding and it is what marketing and sales are all about. It is a pretty prevalent concept and has made many companies very rich.
I FEEL THE SAME AS dp. I (WE) UNDERSTAND BRANDING BUT HE'S SAYING WHY BUY SOMETHING LIKE NIKE AND FREELY ADVERTISE THERE PRODUCT? THESE KIDS WILL HARDLY WEAR ANYTHING IF IT DOESN'T SAY NIKE. GUESS TO THEM IT'S A STATUS SYMBOL.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I FEEL THE SAME AS dp. I (WE) UNDERSTAND BRANDING BUT HE'S SAYING WHY BUY SOMETHING LIKE NIKE AND FREELY ADVERTISE THERE PRODUCT? THESE KIDS WILL HARDLY WEAR ANYTHING IF IT DOESN'T SAY NIKE. GUESS TO THEM IT'S A STATUS SYMBOL.
Yelling Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

froginmn

yes, but I don't like to advertise their product by wearing it for them when I paid the price for that product. I know it won't change, and no amount of bickering will alter one bit. Coke started this whole mess years ago.
Mine was a black jacket joke

Toad Jones

What you have described is branding and it is what marketing and sales are all about. It is a pretty prevalent concept and has made many companies very rich.
hey Doc, when you put somebody under, do you brand your service. ie: small adhesive sign saying I medicated your pain, Dr. Smith, ph number 254 1234? Give it some thought and follow the pioneer of marketing and branding... Coca-Cola. Funny thing about that, a study was done much later and found people didn't even notice Coca-Cola on the bottle cap. Reaction: "Well I'll be darn' .. Guess things were a bit slower back then.

tcudoc

hey Doc, when you put somebody under, do you brand your service. ie: small adhesive sign saying I medicated your pain, Dr. Smith, ph number 254 1234? Give it some thought and follow the pioneer of marketing and branding... Coca-Cola. Funny thing about that, a study was done much later and found people didn't even notice Coca-Cola on the bottle cap. Reaction: "Well I'll be darn' .. Guess things were a bit slower back then.
Surgeon brands his name on patients' livers during surgery

Kentucky surgeon brands woman's uterus with UK-the initials of his alma mater, during surgery

Deep Purple

I understand branding from the corporate POV -- free advertising, increased sales, higher profits. I was questioning consumer motivation for paying higher prices for branded products that benefit no one but the company.

That's why I asked, "Status symbol?"

tcudoc

I understand branding from the corporate POV -- free advertising, increased sales, higher profits. I was questioning consumer motivation for paying higher prices for branded products that benefit no one but the company.

That's why I asked, "Status symbol?"
Yes. Louis Vuitton purses are the ultimate master of the status ($4000 for a plain purse??). Nike is a minor league player in that world, but Nike is a known product that you can buy and be relatively certain it will be quality and not a cheap product and it brings a modicum of status along with it, as opposed to wearing a walmart, Old Navy, or Kohl's brand that is associated with a cheap price and inferior quality.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Yes. Louis Vuitton purses are the ultimate master of the status ($4000 for a plain purse??). Nike is a minor league player in that world, but Nike is a known product that you can buy and be relatively certain it will be quality and not a cheap product and it brings a modicum of status along with it, as opposed to wearing a walmart, Old Navy, or Kohl's brand that is associated with a cheap price and inferior quality.
Apparently this is a difficult concept.

DeuceBoogieNights

This. Nike has nice things. I like their hoodies. I can tell a difference between the non Nike one I just got and the other Nike ones I have. It's not really about the swoosh. Same reason why I wear Levi jeans or whatever else I prefer. I buy my undershirts from Amazon because I like how they fit. I'm not flossing the Amazon tag.