• The KillerFrogs

Hurricane

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
it-aint-got-no-gas-in-it.jpg

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Per this morning's Tulsa paper:

QT is letting gas go dry at some Texas sites to keep gasoline fully stocked at other locations (due to hurricane impact on Gulf Coast oil refineries). "QT officials announced Wednesday they would limit supplies to the north Texas stores and direct fuel deliveries to 85 locations within the Dallas/Fort Worth areas."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagel...cle_53fddac7-25db-5672-82cd-a59c5fec4696.html

Note: QT has a web page up showing locations in D/FW area with fuel available: https://www.quiktrip.com/Gasoline
Once again Fort Worth is in the Dallas area.

Westsider

Pure mob reaction up here? My brain damaged memory seems to think most gasoline in North Texas comes from Oklahoma refineries. I could be wrong.

Opintel

Moderators
There is no Fort Worth...it's all been an ongoing hoax. Dallas Area.

What? Arlington? Unknown to me, but I'v heard it's in the Dallas Area too.

Houston and Dallas - maybe something called Austin, but not sure.

* Where do they find these ignorant reporters and talking heads? Even heard it on Channel 5 (NBCDFW), from a talking head staff member. Damn.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Not at all. I'm hoping they change everything north of Temple, east of Abilene, west of Louisiana and south of the Oklahoma border to just being called Dallas area. It would make it so much easier for lazy journalists, etc to be correct.

You missed the memo. That already happened, about 50 years ago.

As to fuel shortages, that's just stupid. This from an oil and gas executive. There are some supply disruptions due to curtailment in refinery operations, but there are no supply shortages. Any runs on gasoline at local stations are temporary and localized, caused by some crazy mob mentality. The overall supply chain is fully intact and there are no fuel shortages. Just wait a day for people to calm down.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Not at all. I'm hoping they change everything north of Temple, east of Abilene, west of Louisiana and south of the Oklahoma border to just being called Dallas area. It would make it so much easier for lazy journalists, etc to be correct.

It's not "lazy journalists" being lazy. They're just following the US government's designation of "Metropolitan Statistical Areas" for census and other purposes. Blame OMB. And blame folks like me with degrees in Urban Planning.

Technically, it's the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington MSA...and encompasses 13 counties.

History lesson of the day: The term metroplex is credited to Harve Chapman, an executive vice president with Dallas-based Tracy-Locke which was one of three advertising agencies that worked with the North Texas Commission (NTC) on strategies to market the region. (circa 1972)

NewFrogFan

My daughter was supposed to close on a house in a neighborhood below Addicks dam that is high and dry, but they are getting a new appraisal and inspection before the re-scheduled closing next Wednesday. Will be very interesting what comes of that.... will the value of a non-floodable house in a non-flooded neighborhood stay the same as before? Will the flooded houses in fairly nearby neighborhoods drive values down in her's? I'll let you know, I guess.

Look for them to do what they did in La. For areas that had never flooded and did not flood in the 1000 year flood last year. They just change the map to flood zone regardless.......wait till the 126K FEMA trailers start showing up, at least a bunch are coming available as Denham Springs and other Livingston Parish residents are finally getting back to their houses as I write this.