• The KillerFrogs

HS State Championship Games on TV today

Raw Frog

Austin Aune and the Argyle Eagles will play Wimberley today at 4:00 on FSSW at Jerry World for the 3A Div.II state championship. Austin has 3200 yards and 33 TDs this year.
It will be interesting to watch him run a similar offense like the Frogs. He has a strong arm and sees the field. He is also a fast and strong runner. Runs the option well.
Also watch the sophomore WR, Ian Sadler, 5'11, 185. Tremendous athlete with over 1200 yards receiving. He can also punt and kick as a backup, and could play college soccer if he wanted. Argyle's kicker, Cole Hedlund, holds the HS national record of field goals in a season with 23. He is a sophomore.

Griffin Gilbert (WR) plays tonight at 8:00 on FSSW at Jerry World for the 5A Championship. Will be great to see him in action.

Good luck to Austin and Griffin!

Go Frogs!

Houston Frog

Took a vacation day and am lying on my arse watching TX HSFB Championships all day long..... pretty nice little Friday.

Question..... How do you pronounce Austin Aune's last name? "on-ee" or "on"?

TheFDN

Hearing that Austin Aune did not participate in pre game warmups and his backup took the snaps. Hope it's not true.. Looking forward to watching him.

My bro-in-law texted me after the game that this was the most entertaining game he'd ever been to. That was an outstanding game and Aune looks to be very good.

Raw Frog

Great game. Argyle had their chances. Austin was suffering from the flu, and did not feel good. Had 101 fever yesterday and last night, and could not hold anything down. Was not sure he was even going to play. He had IV fluids pre game, and at half time. He did not have his strength, and you could really tell when he tried to run. He was a bit shaky on some of his passes too. It was not his best game. No excuses, but it was terrible timing to get so sick. Nevertheless, he still had some good throws and showed a lot of heart.
Argyle really took a blow when Ian Sadler, the sophomore phenom, went down with a torn acl.
In any event, Austin Aune is the real deal of a QB. His footwork is real good, and he is smart and a gamer. He is a winner and a leader.. It will be very interesting to see how the tryouts go.
Frogs are blessed to have such talent.