• The KillerFrogs

How good is TCU Basketball

WVUFan

When going through alot of the threads recently it seems that many say TCU has a good basketball team, or the teams around them do. Honestly i have know idea about TCU basketball and would like some info.
How has the post season been?

Winning MWC?

Thank you Horn Frog Nation

researchfrog

Our basketball team has performed very poorly these last few years. We lack a consistent tradition in basketball. Our most recent success came in the late 1990s under Coach Billy Tubbs and all it amounted to was a poor showing in the NCAA and NIT tournaments. After he was fired, winning records have been rare. We have been routinely slaughtered in our most recent conference homes (CUSA and MWC).

TCU basketball makes me a sad panda.

froginaustin

Our women are ranked in the preseason AP poll at #23........hopefully they can make some noise post season this year.
Our women's basketball is pretty good. The women always contend for the MWC championship, and are usually in or near the top 25. They go to the NCAA tourney regularly, and usually are eliminated in the second round.

Men's basketball has been sad. This year's recruiting class is better on paper than any we've had in awhile, so we'll see. TCU men are unquestionably no threat to the top 2/3's of BE basketball.

ricksterh

TCU mens basketball has been bad the last several years. imo this years team is much improved. The peices are all in place and seems to be coming together as a unit.

TCU has had some good years in basketball but the success has not been consistent and has been spotty at best. TCU has been a school where football is the lead sport. The old joke in Texas is that the two main sports are football and then spring football and that fits TCU although baseball has also gotten big the last several years.

TCU has had pretty good succes in most sports recently and mens basketball would be considered probably the weakest Look for that to improve a lot this season!

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I believe that the Men's team will be significantly better. I believe that CJC is turning it around (a little slower than we'd like but progress can take time). We'd get smoked were we in the Big East this year, we may get smoked by the top half of the MWC for that matter - but I doubt that we finish lower than 5th or 6th in the MWC. If the assumed goal is B.E. 2012 we may be able to come in and within the first two or three years be a middling team with the occasional 20-30 ranking from time to time.

It has been pretty rough these last through years, but I think that there is some tepid optimism that things may be improving this year after bringing in some promising looking recruits.

Pinkyfrog

and usually are eliminated in the second round.

They're usually eliminated in the first round, we've only been to the second round twice or something.

And our men's team is good this year, much better than years past, has the talent, just working on the skills and the chemistry.