• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Froggish

Here's a Baylor article on revenue projections that's the most favorable yet: https://sicem365.com/s/10447/the-new-big12s-revenue-potential-six-additions-instead-of-four. It projects overall revenues (including Tier 3) in the new Big 12 at $42.4 million per school per year as opposed to the current $47.2 million per school per year and discusses whether going to 14 members (Boise and Memphis) would add more.

It includes Sugar Bowl payouts (which might go away - although the Cotton/Fiesta might replace it depending on CFP negotiations) which are paid only in years where they aren't in the CFP rotation and it averages Tier 3 numbers (although they differ per school).

The tier 3 rights projections he is using is an average and double what we currently make. I’m not sure how our 3rd tier rights would become more valuable in an expanded league…I hope he’s right. Seem incredibly optimistic to think we come out of all of this making 5-7 million more a year than we make now. I’m not sure I’m buying that

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The tier 3 rights projections he is using is an average and double what we currently make. I’m not sure how our 3rd tier rights would become more valuable in an expanded league…I hope he’s right. Seem incredibly optimistic to think we come out of all of this making 5-7 million more a year than we make now. I’m not sure I’m buying that
Make the tier 3 rights $0 and I’d still be happy with the rest.

Eight

if the big 12 in their next media contract(s) can come close to the numbers being thrown around and still maintain the opportunity to play in the cfp with OUT going to the sec i would be very gruntled and happy for OUT to pay their tab as soon as possible and go enjoy life in the sec

jake102

Definitely feels like things are shifting for the better for TCU. Quicker they can announce this and get in place, the less likely any of remaining 8 get poached.

Virginia Frog

if they want to put the full exit fees at the end of this season then great. put the money on the table and get the scheiss out of here because having them around does nothing for the remaining teams if the big 12 keeps the chance at the cfp
You're right. I just want their money $$$.

W/o OU in the conference in let's say '23 & '24 and no expansion of the playoffs they stand the risk of not having any place in the Top 4 slots. Then one of the "leftovers" will have a good chance to "get-in" over a PAC team if they do their work and shine.

You notice I didn't say UT...because they have NO CHANCE for a playoff berth for '23 & '24 in The B12 or SEC! Middling team for certain.

Eight

Maybe a member of UH academia can tell them rivers flow south in this hemisphere.

giphy.gif

Froggish

Make the tier 3 rights $0 and I’d still be happy with the rest.

If true, I think that’s enough financial distance between the B12 and the rest of the G5 leagues to keep us relevant as well as help us to look attractive to whoever our next Head Coaching candidates will be. We’ll need a solid pool of candidates some time in the next 3-4 years. The key will be maintaining some automatic playoff birth as a league. Hopefully that’s possible

SuperTFrog

Here's a Baylor article on revenue projections that's the most favorable yet: https://sicem365.com/s/10447/the-new-big12s-revenue-potential-six-additions-instead-of-four. It projects overall revenues (including Tier 3) in the new Big 12 at $42.4 million per school per year as opposed to the current $47.2 million per school per year and discusses whether going to 14 members (Boise and Memphis) would add more.

It includes Sugar Bowl payouts (which might go away - although the Cotton/Fiesta might replace it depending on CFP negotiations) which are paid only in years where they aren't in the CFP rotation and it averages Tier 3 numbers (although they differ per school).
Things have really gotten desperate when we are using a Baylor Article in a positive light…

OmniscienceFrog

Since the big 12 almost expanded years ago, I have been saying the best possible solution was adding BYU for football only and Cincy for all sports. This is somewhat along the same lines.

Anyway, wouldn't BYU basketball be a pretty large brand? Other than teams having to travel there once a season why would we not want them?
Might not be that we don't want them.