• The KillerFrogs

Houston Astros to American League?

Houston Frog

Watching a pitcher bat is gay :tongue:
DH is gay
biggrin.gif

jake102

Watching a pitcher bat is gay :tongue:

No kidding... you have to deal with all that strategy of when to pitch hit for the pitcher, etc. I mean if it's the 7th inning, man on 2nd and 3rd and the pitcher is coming up to hit with two outs, what do you do? Way too confusing. The less strategy and thinking the better.

y2kFrog

No kidding... you have to deal with all that strategy of when to pitch hit for the pitcher, etc. I mean if it's the 7th inning, man on 2nd and 3rd and the pitcher is coming up to hit with two outs, what do you do? Way too confusing. The less strategy and thinking the better.
What a choice a pitcher or some spare that can't even start!

jake102

We need the thing that says "Sent from my iPhone" to tell when people are typing from their phone or computer. If it's from your computer, then putting together a sentence like that is remarkable.

cdsfrog

We need the thing that says "Sent from my iPhone" to tell when people are typing from their phone or computer. If it's from your computer, then putting together a sentence like that is remarkable.

Why does the structure matter to you? It seems kind of silly to concern one's self with sentence structure.

jake102

Why does the structure matter to you? It seems kind of silly to concern one's self with sentence structure.

It hasn't until lately... there's been some elementary mistakes that amaze me. And it's a pain having to read a sentence two or three times to figure out what I think they may have meant.

cdsfrog

It hasn't until lately... there's been some elementary mistakes that amaze me. And it's a pain having to read a sentence two or three times to figure out what I think they may have meant.

Message boards are about the last place you want to be if you're going to be upset with grammar mistakes. I doubt you had any problem reading that sentence lacking a comma.

Kaiser

AL baseball is mindless. The DH is awful. I'd rather keep the Astros in the NL, but I do like the idea of eliminating divisions. Send Selig's Brewers back to the AL.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Poor sentence. Needless passive voice, and use might instead of may if you are going to be lazy and use passive rather than active voice.

gatorfrog

Kill the DH rule and expand rosters (to keep the union happy). Then they can move teams between leagues if they want to.

In a sport that (supposedly) values its tradition, the DH is an abomination. You might as well change the rules to allow full platooning.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
I don't see them ever implementing one idea - eliminating divisions and going to a single table set-up. That would pretty much require going to a balanced schedule, and I have a hard time seeing west or east coast teams agreeing to that, because that would really increase the number of cross-country road trips. Dodgers are trying to finalize a new local TV deal that might save the franchise for Frank McCourt - do you think they'd be happy with 30-40 games starting at 4:30 local time on TV? The only way eliminating divisions works is if they blow the whole thing up and go to a 15 team East/15 team West alignment.