Hey Wexahu

Double V

- Frogs win out, undefeated B12 Champs
- USC wins out 1-loss PAC Champs
- tOSU wins out undefeated B1G Champs
- LSU wins out 2-loss SEC Champs
- Clemson wins out 1-loss ACC Champs
- UGA loses to LSU in SEC Champ game, 1-loss SEC runner up

Who is in? I think you've said before that a P5 champ wouldn't be left out vs a non champ with the same record, right? You still think that's the case?

Wexahu

Who is in? I think you've said before that a P5 champ wouldn't be left out vs a non champ with the same record, right? You still think that's the case?
I’d say Ohio State, TCU, Georgia and USC.

I think Penn State was a 2-loss champ the same year Ohio State went 11-1 and got left out, that’s the only similar situation I believe. I just think they’d take UGA over LSU. I guess potentially LSU over USC, that’d be a close call.

Edit: on second thought I think I agree with bcpucket. LSU over USC. Too many quality wins to ignore.

OSU, TCU, LSU and USC. LSU just defeated Georgia on a neutral field for the SEC championship, winning that SEC playoff spot. Immediate head-to-head championship dictates at that point. USC also gets in over Georgia because conference championships matter and they finished by defeating ranked UCLA, Notre Dame and most likely Oregon.

Last edited:

HornyWartyToad

I know this isn't the world we live in but if you go by there own rules it should be:
TCU
USC
OSU
Clempson

I'd love so much to see this, the SEC meltdown would be orgasmic.

Wexahu

I know this isn't the world we live in but if you go by there own rules it should be:
TCU
USC
OSU
Clempson

I'd love so much to see this, the SEC meltdown would be orgasmic.
They never said those were the hard fast rules. You don’t have to be real smart to know that it’s fluid and you can’t have dyed in the wool rules or you’ll get some really bad results. So far it’s been consistent but some weird stuff can happen in some years.

Also, it depends on the scores. A 20-point win or loss will have more impact than 2-point game, as it should. So hard to answer the question without knowing scores.

HornyWartyToad

They never said those were the hard fast rules. You don’t have to be real smart to know that it’s fluid and you can’t have dyed in the wool rules or you’ll get some really bad results. So far it’s been consistent but some weird stuff can happen in some years.

Also, it depends on the scores. A 20-point win or loss will have more impact than 2-point game, as it should. So hard to answer the question without knowing scores.
Of COURSE you can't have consistent rules, how on earth would Der Kommissar selectively, er, "effectively" apply them?

Wexahu

Of COURSE you can't have consistent rules, how on earth would Der Kommissar selectively, er, "effectively" apply them?
Do you think Clemson has shown that they are a better team than LSU or Georgia? I think UGA would probably be 10+ point favorites against them. You think Clemson should get the nod in that situation? Same for USC.

An-Cap Frog

Paul Finebaum...

Horny4TCU

In this situation, TCU wouldn't be like an undefeated UCF with one ranked win in 2017. We have beat 5 ranked teams in a P5 conference.

If we win out the only team I care about is TCU, and there is no way they could justify leaving us out.

TCU, tOSU would be locked in positions 1 and 2.

They would have to flip a coin on USC and Clemson.

Probably taking USC over Clemson, just due to their schedules. Plus USC would have a W over ND, whereas Clemson lost to ND.

Then position four would be tricky. LSU or UGA. LSU has the harder schedule, but definitely an extra loss. Plus LSU lost to Tenn, where UGA pretty much destroyed em. UGA has two ranked wins, LSU has two ranked wins, but a loss to unranked FSU and ranked Tenn. I could see it being a coin flip, but I give the nudge to UGA.

froginmn

LSU should be ranked below KSU because the Kats are undefeated in SEC play...
LSU should be ranked lower because they lost AT HOME to 8-3 Florida State from the ACC.

Their big win was by a point over Alabama. Other than that it was over an Ole Miss team that is quickly coming down to earth.

LSU is ranked so highly because of what Bama has been in past years. They should probably be behind USC and Clemson, which won at FSU.

Wexahu

In this situation, TCU wouldn't be like an undefeated UCF with one ranked win in 2017. We have beat 5 ranked teams in a P5 conference.

If we win out the only team I care about is TCU, and there is no way they could justify leaving us out.

TCU, tOSU would be locked in positions 1 and 2.

They would have to flip a coin on USC and Clemson.

Probably taking USC over Clemson, just due to their schedules. Plus USC would have a W over ND, whereas Clemson lost to ND.

Then position four would be tricky. LSU or UGA. LSU has the harder schedule, but definitely an extra loss. Plus LSU lost to Tenn, where UGA pretty much destroyed em. UGA has two ranked wins, LSU has two ranked wins, but a loss to unranked FSU and ranked Tenn. I could see it being a coin flip, but I give the nudge to UGA.
FSU is ranked #16.

You can cling to the idea that what matters is a team’s ranking when you play the game but that isn't the way this works. Nor should it.