• The KillerFrogs

Herman Getting Walking Papers From CDC?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I experience the 70's, 80's and 90's as well. TCU Administration at that time did not attempt to be a successful football school. They didn't put the money into the program to compete properly. That is certainly not the case now. I doubt the people who have donated millions for the Stadium, and other facilities would stand for a regression back to those days. At least I hope so.

And when did the administration start to put money into the program? When the program started making it profitable. And who was at the helm of the program when when most of the money started coming in? Unless the big money guys can convince a known quantity to come in and start anew, they are risking regressing. Anyone thinking or expecting us to never have valleys to go along with peaks is likely to be continually disappointed. Everyone would prefer to trend more like an Alabama, I’m guessing that will never happen, regardless of the coach.

As for the big money guys not putting up with it; I think UT’s history since their NC Rose Bowl game shows that what the big money guys want and what really happens doesn’t necessarily mean much except a succession of coaches that may or may not be better than what you had (see Mack Brown showing how much he’s lost his mojo at UNC).

Last edited:

Boomhauer

Thujone has returned to Surly to document the shenanigans.

Brilliant

660847034_CoachSearch16a.png.8305e376ae0862287de22731b26059a5.png