• The KillerFrogs

Herbie says we're overrated........

Frog89

Not really important, but Hughes' breakout year was 2008.

Remember the opener against New Mexico where he made like 12 big plays? I remember thinking that he had a good game, but had no idea he was just gonna keep doing it.

Good catch. We've lost so many so called irreplaceable players the last 4 years, I can't even keep up with it...

Herbie also thought we would lose to Oregon State...

Herbie also thought Boise State would go undefeated...

Herbie also thought Wisconsin would be too much for us to handle...

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
4th year in a row? Wasn't TCU a top 10 pre-season pick last year that was picked by most to go undefeated? At least that's how I remember it. I think you guys carry such a huge chip on your shoulders that you find yourselves being disrespected, when there is no disrespect.

The 3 previous seasons we've finished higher than our pre-season ranking. While you could argue last year's wasn't a case of disrespect (stated 6/7, finished 2/2), you certainly could make that argument the previous 2 years (2008 from unranked to 7th, 2009 from 17th to 6th). Whether 2011 becomes the 4th year of that pattern obviously remains to be seen.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Yeah, there's no denying that Herbstreit has always had Big 10 bias.
While Herbie's wait and see attitude about TCU is defensible, I'm not sure why he thinks Boise is right where they ought to be.

Granted, they still have Bucky Beaver at QB (can't WAIT for the Boise lookalike thread!) but didn't they lose their two best receivers AND their offensive coordinator?

Frog89

The 3 previous seasons we've finished higher than our pre-season ranking. While you could argue last year's wasn't a case of disrespect (stated 6/7, finished 2/2), you certainly could make that argument the previous 2 years (2008 from unranked to 7th, 2009 from 17th to 6th). Whether 2011 becomes the 4th year of that pattern obviously remains to be seen.

Great points... And I would say the disrespect last year didn't come from the polls. It came from many of the commentators. I don't remember OU ever being preseason top 10 and being picked to lose by 3 touchdowns (basically at home) in their first game against a team that barely cracked the top 25. That kind of idiocy is reserved for TCU.

SoonerBredCD

Great points... And I would say the disrespect last year didn't come from the polls. It came from many of the commentators. I don't remember OU ever being preseason top 10 and being picked to lose by 3 touchdowns (basically at home) in their first game against a team that barely cracked the top 25. That kind of idiocy is reserved for TCU.

That was pretty ridiculous. However, in spite of OU's preseason #1 ranking, most predictions I have read at this point have OU losing at Florida State. And all of the "entitled" OU fans that I know realize that it will take an A-plus effort for OU to leave Tallahassee with a victory. In other words, most OU fans I know will start to buy into the #1 hype after we get past Florida State. We certainly don't think we are being disrespected if some people don't believe we will win that game.

Frog89

That was pretty ridiculous. However, in spite of OU's preseason #1 ranking, most predictions I have read at this point have OU losing at Florida State. And all of the "entitled" OU fans that I know realize that it will take an A-plus effort for OU to leave Tallahassee with a victory. In other words, most OU fans I know will start to buy into the #1 hype after we get past Florida State. We certainly don't think we are being disrespected if some people don't believe we will win that game.

Of course it will take an A-plus effort to win that game. You aren't playing Oregon State in Norman, you are playing Florida State (coaches preseason #5, AP preseason #6) on the road. And unless I missed it nobody is picking them to win by 3 TDs... At least I hope not. If they are, even though they are ranked higher than Oregon State from last year and playing you guys at home, I would still say OU was getting disrespected...

Frog89

Of course it will take an A-plus effort to win that game. You aren't playing Oregon State in Norman, you are playing Florida State (coaches preseason #5, AP preseason #6) on the road. And unless I missed it nobody is picking them to win by 3 TDs... At least I hope not. If they are, even though they are ranked higher than Oregon State from last year and playing you guys at home, I would still say OU was getting disrespected...

I think OU wins that game against FSU by 10+ points.... btw..

SoonerBredCD

<br>I think OU wins that game against FSU by 10+ points.... btw..<br>
<br><br>I hope you're right!

<div><br></div><div>Wasn't that Corso that said you guys would lose to Oregon State by 3 TD's? &nbsp;Consider the source. &nbsp;Corso is a senile old fart who is part of the gameday crew strictly for entertainment purposes.</div>

sous vide

Herbie's still stinging a little from his comment with 7:30 left in the third quarter of the Rose Bowl when he said, and I quote:

"You start getting on these long drives; you talk about fatigue. TCU used to forcing teams three and out. Again, how will they hold up in these longer drives in the second half?"

Seven seconds later...BOOM! Carder levels Tolzien to kill the Wisconsin drive.

You think he'd learn to stop underestimating TCU, but old habits die hard, I guess...

Even better was his comment in the second qtr, I think it was, about Wiscy not having any plays with negative yardage. Boom, 2 out of the next three, if I remember correctly, went for a loss.