• The KillerFrogs

Help us take down the BCS

TCUSA

For those who aren't aware, the same bunch that does international soccer (I think) offered up to $1billion per year for a Division 1 playoff. Who didn't like it? The guys who control all the money for the BCS now. I thought if the soccer bunch would have gone ahead and signed up the non-BCS schools, after a year or two, the BCS would have crumbled because nobody could have sat on the sidelines and waved that money goodbye because of a bunch of egotistical, self-centered, BCS power-mongers. There would have been lawsuits galore over the lost revenue (or they would have just been canned).

But I understand it would have been a huge gamble and that without those schools, it's not nearly as lucrative for the people putting up the money. But if the BCS [ Arschloch]s had been willing to give up control, EVERYBODY would have come out TONS better. As usual, though, they just couldn't bring themselves to risk their own little fiefdoms for something that would include EVERYBODY.

UndoTheBCS

Sending it to politicians is a good idea as well. But the Presidents and the Chancelllors of the Universities is really they key. Its their schools and communities that are getting fleeced. They arent part of the cartel. The ADs have been greased over, but thats not their fault, they didnt write the rules. But if the Universities themselves realized how much money was being taken out of their pockets to keep a handful of Bowls Heads and Conference Commisioners fat and happy, then maybe they could/would stand up and say wait a minute. Politicians are a lot more likely to listen to a President of a University about the multimillion dollar negative impact of the cartel.

Wow, I was just getting ready to write a very similar response. Thanks for taking care of that for me.

In short, the leaders of the institutions (who have a vote) are kept in the dark by the Conference Commissioners (who don't). The book has the cold hard facts about the monetary impact.

fanatical frog

A sixteen team playoff as defined by "Death to the BCS" would be the best thing ever for college football.

Informing Chancellors and the policiticians is theoretically a great tactic but in reality aren't those guys already aware of how the BCS works ?

The BCS will endure until such time as public opinion overwhelmingly condemns it. It will require the bully pulpit of the written and electronic media to bring it down. This effort should focus on informing influential and sympathetic media and gaining their support.

I'll kick off the campaign by offering my copy of "Death to the BCS" to Gil Lebreton and Randy Galloway.

UndoTheBCS

Informing Chancellors and the policiticians is theoretically a great tactic but in reality aren't those guys already aware of how the BCS works ?

In theory they should but the biggest issue is that they "know how it works" through the reports given to them by the conference commissioners. P.S. Those guys are part of the Cartel.

I'll kick off the campaign by offering my copy of "Death to the BCS" to Gil Lebreton and Randy Galloway.

I know Galloway has read the book but forwarding our site information to both would be great! The media should play a part by helping get the word out and then asking "We know you have twenty+ copies of this book, have you read it yet? If yes, then "Will you support a playoff?" If no, then "So you support costing your institution millions of dollars a year?"... debate and discourse ensues.

Chris

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain

facepalm.jpg