• The KillerFrogs

Heavy: Cowboys’ Kellen Moore Interested in Top Head Coaching Job

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Evidently one of the big concerns about Moore is he doesn’t have a coaching tree to build a staff and would basically be assembling a group he has never worked with and hoping they gel
Add in the fact that he hasn’t been a head coach at any level, hasn’t recruited, dealt with transfer portal, NIL, aside from being a splash hire it also carries a lot of risk. His talent is undeniable.

Zubaz

The guy is already being mentioned as a potential NFL HC. Would be a great hire except that he may not be here more than a few years.
We've become so used to Gary that we're forgetting that win or lose, most coaches only stick around for a few years anyway, especially at a program like ours. Finding a guy that's able to win and going to be willing to stay at TCU if the NFL / bigger programs come calling is not likely.

CryptoMiner

We've become so used to Gary that we're forgetting that win or lose, most coaches only stick around for a few years anyway, especially at a program like ours. Finding a guy that's able to win and going to be willing to stay at TCU if the NFL / bigger programs come calling is not likely.

I realize that and don't expect anyone to stay even half the time CGP was here, but I don't think it is a good investment hiring someone if they are successful will only stay a couple of years.

Fiscuits

The guy is already being mentioned as a potential NFL HC. Would be a great hire except that he may not be here more than a few years.
No coach we hire from now until the apocalypse will every be here for more than a few years. Might as well warm up to the idea. Hiring new HC's will happen almost every 4 years on average.

purpleeyefrog

I am sure glad some of you guys don’t work for me. With Texas and OU gone TCU is arguably the best job in the Big 12. GP would have been top paid, located in the top city, at one of the top academic ranked universities, with close to top football facilities. Lots of reasons to stay.

flyfishingfrog

Compared to having an assembled staff and then be unwilling to make the changes necessary to succeed? I wouldn't let this be a deterrent if its the only thing but agree it could be a concern.
Didn’t realize our other option was keeping GP….

Compared to the other coaches on the “list” - he is way behind in that category and it’s a big concern because historically that has resulted in high turnover rates for several years in other schools that have gone down the “new” to college coaching path

Wexahu

Could be wrong, but I think Dykes is a guy that might stay long term if he has success. I think it's a job he has maybe been eyeing for some time, and I could see why that would be the case.

Could easily be a home run hire. We have a QB/QB development issue. I can’t imagine there is a HS QB in the country who would not take a call from Kellen Moore. Pair him with the right DC and “college” guys and he could do great things. Yes, he will eventually be the head coach of the Cowboys but college football is about winning now and getting through the current realignment.