• The KillerFrogs

Heavy: Cowboys’ Kellen Moore Interested in Top Head Coaching Job

flyfishingfrog

Could be wrong, but I think Dykes is a guy that might stay long term if he has success. I think it's a job he has maybe been eyeing for some time, and I could see why that would be the case.
Feel confident Sonny would stay for a longer period than most because his family

LisaLT

IF Kellen Moore was interested, and that still seems a tad far fetched to me, I think this would be a good hire. I know he has no HC experience, but he is one helluva OC in Dallas, and imagine what he could do with this offense and QB development (which is SORELY lacking at TCU). I think he is smart enough to surround himself with capable and talented coaches - DC's etc. I think he would be a guy that many kids would want to play for. Imagine Riley vs. Moore. I'd like to see that happen. Maybe some of the recruits we have lost on the offensive side would want back in too.

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
Major League Baseball Sport GIF by MLB

Atlanta Braves Sport GIF by MLB

Fixed it for you, Top...... Go Bravos!!!!!

One Frog Nation

I’d prefer not to hire someone who is intrigued in TCU from a financial standpoint.
Moore gets around $2 mm a year now so $$ would not be his primary motive. But the $$ would be an upgrade for close to 100% of the candidates. So it is fair to say that all of them have a financial improvement. Moore would be an interesting choice, Sanders would be an interesting choice. Herman would be interesting. Those are the "name" guys not sure they are a fit. I would love to be sitting in on the interviews

WhatTheFrog

Moore gets around $2 mm a year now so $$ would not be his primary motive. But the $$ would be an upgrade for close to 100% of the candidates. So it is fair to say that all of them have a financial improvement. Moore would be an interesting choice, Sanders would be an interesting choice. Herman would be interesting. Those are the "name" guys not sure they are a fit. I would love to be sitting in on the interviews
They should live stream the interviews!

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Meh, according to some "source." Don't care what words someone puts in another person's mouth.

But of course he would be intrigued financially. That always perks me up and I have made job decisions based on furthering myself financially. Is it the only consideration? No, but it's usually in the top two.
^^^
This.

Don't blame him a bit for examining the lifetime earnings/job security aspects of staying NFL vs jumping into the college ranks. I would guess a successful college coaching career would be favored in both categories.

Most of a pro football's money goes into player salaries; coaches get a fraction. Moore just has to look at his $2M paycheck as an OC working everyday to keep his job...while journeyman QB Andy Dalton is taking in $10M to be a backup on the bench.