• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HG73

Just got called for jury duty. Not just garden variety, county jury duty.

No, I got called by the US District Court. And the date I'm supposed to report, to a federal building, is Friday September 11. Good thing there hasn't been any civic unrest in Minneapolis lately.

Nice knowing y'all.
Maybe you'll get to throw some of those rioting looters UNDER THE FURKIN' JAIL.

HFrog1999

Just got called for jury duty. Not just garden variety, county jury duty.

No, I got called by the US District Court. And the date I'm supposed to report, to a federal building, is Friday September 11. Good thing there hasn't been any civic unrest in Minneapolis lately.

Nice knowing y'all.

tenor.gif

SnoSki

Has anyone living in FW proper built a storage shed? I'm needing a little guidance from the many experts on here.

As you may recall from other posts I have been trying to get a shed built in my back yard. After several back/forths I got a permit from the City of Fort Worth and my contractor got me on the calendar.

I expected the approval to be the end of it, however, the person at city hall said that next I'd need to get a "stake out inspection" and then construction could begin, and then once completed, I would need to get a "final inspection" from the city to get a Certificate of Occupancy.

All this for a smallish bldg that would hold my lawn equipment and other assorted gardening supplies and tools.

The question I have for anyone who knows is, do I really need to get these inspections? What's the worst that happens if I don't? Will FW agents come kick in my door one day if these guys build the shed and I move my lawn mower in without getting a certificate of occupancy?

Part of me thinks that as long as I follow the approved plans and put it in the approved location I should be fine and nobody will notice.

I could really use some guidance and I am hoping someone here has built a shed.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Has anyone living in FW proper built a storage shed? I'm needing a little guidance from the many experts on here.

As you may recall from other posts I have been trying to get a shed built in my back yard. After several back/forths I got a permit from the City of Fort Worth and my contractor got me on the calendar.

I expected the approval to be the end of it, however, the person at city hall said that next I'd need to get a "stake out inspection" and then construction could begin, and then once completed, I would need to get a "final inspection" from the city to get a Certificate of Occupancy.

All this for a smallish bldg that would hold my lawn equipment and other assorted gardening supplies and tools.

The question I have for anyone who knows is, do I really need to get these inspections? What's the worst that happens if I don't? Will FW agents come kick in my door one day if these guys build the shed and I move my lawn mower in without getting a certificate of occupancy?

Part of me thinks that as long as I follow the approved plans and put it in the approved location I should be fine and nobody will notice.

This guy says go ahead

netty2424

Inspections are really there to ensure you’re building a safe structure. Despite what a lot of builders think about them, they’re there to protect the end user. If you lack experience in building, they might slow you down, but you’ll probably benefit from them by correcting some seemingly simple mistakes.

If you have no experience with the process, you may be better off just buying one pre-built and having it dropped into place. If you get a [ Finebaum ] inspector who likes to throw his authority around, they’ll make that process miserable.

Technically if you build past the inspections points, they can shut you down, fine you, and/or pull your permits.

bleedpurple

I have no idea but I received a stop work order in bexar county (San Antonio) for doing electrical work without a permit. The f ing inspecter came out to inspect the tankless water heater I had installed and subsequently then saw that I had not pulled any permits for some other work. Ass

TCURiggs

Inspections are really there to ensure you’re building a safe structure. Despite what a lot of builders think about them, they’re there to protect the end user. If you lack experience in building, they might slow you down, but you’ll probably benefit from them by correcting some seemingly simple mistakes.

If you have no experience with the process, you may be better off just buying one pre-built and having it dropped into place. If you get a [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] inspector who likes to throw his authority around, they’ll make that process miserable.

Technically if you build past the inspections points, they can shut you down, fine you, and/or pull your permits.

You're an inspector, aren't you?

Purp

This pisses me off so much. The way I see it the city or HOA shouldn't have a darning say about what you put in your back yard until/unless they start contributing to your mortgage. How the hell does it make any sense at all that the owner of something has to ask someone else for permission to do something with that which he alone owns?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
This pisses me off so much. The way I see it the city or HOA shouldn't have a darning say about what you put in your back yard until/unless they start contributing to your mortgage. How the hell does it make any sense at all that the owner of something has to ask someone else for permission to do something with that which he alone owns?
Preach!