• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Moose Stuff

Gun range, which I took it to yesterday and it was really fun to shoot.

I don't personally have a ranch, but I'd say there are a few opportunities a year where I get invited to one and it would be fun to shoot.

Otherwise, I just wanted to have one. May not be allowed to buy an AR-15 one day.

And it won't be my primary home defense weapon in most situations, but I'll always have it ready to go, just in case.

Would have been cooler if you had said armed robberies.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I don't personally have a ranch, but I'd say there are a few opportunities a year where I get invited to one and it would be fun to shoot.

Otherwise, I just wanted to have one. May not be allowed to buy an AR-15 one day.

And it won't be my primary home defense weapon in most situations, but I'll always have it ready to go, just in case.
What range?

HFrog1999

Would have been cooler if you had said armed robberies.

or if he said

giphy.gif

HFrog1999

If you do shoot on private property, make sure you have a proper backstop and you know your target and what’s behind it

My wife was shot by idiots who didn’t

She’s lucky to be alive, and so are they.

JugbandFrog

A shotgun is just more fun, and cheaper. I picked up a Remington 870 express and the shells are cheaper, and you can definitely have fun shooting at clay targets. Man, watching those suckers fly and explode is more exciting than shooting at a target.

I’ve always wanted to go to a range with the iron targets so I could hear the rounds “ping.”

In hindsight, for home defense, I would probably rather do a single shot, auto-eject shotgun combined with my Colt 1911 if the first wasn’t enough of a deterrent. I fear that if folk get in my home, there will be more than one of them, and I would need something I can reload quickly.

ftwfrog

Wait until you have kids.

Frog-in-law1995

Made the shot of my life with my son’s nerf rival gun a minute ago. It’s the kind for older kids that shoots the yellow balls at a pretty decent velocity. He was blocking with a pillow, so I played a ricochet off the wall and nailed him square in the forehead. Right as mom walks in. [ Finebaum ]. Definite violation of at least 3 house rules there.

tcumaniac

If you do shoot on private property, make sure you have a proper backstop and you know your target and what’s behind it

My wife was shot by idiots who didn’t

She’s lucky to be alive, and so are they.
Dang.

You may have shared this story before, but would you mind sharing again?

When are where did this happen? Where was your wife hit? How did y’all figure out who shot her?

HFrog1999

Dang.

You may have shared this story before, but would you mind sharing again?

When are where did this happen? Where was your wife hit? How did y’all figure out who shot her?

2 years ago in my backyard

In the back

The idiots almost shot the police when they responded

The were shooting on 70 acres across the street from my neighborhood. They were shooting at an old refrigerator with a .243 which wasn’t sighted in. They sent several bullets into our neighborhood, one of which hit my wife while she was gardening. It traveled 500 yards

Nobody was arrested or charged. The shooters were jailers who worked for the Tarrant County Sheriff’s department