• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Mean Purple

Did your plane get caught in the jet wash of another plane?

l2nthbcqmjl8qrhfcble.gif
Well, sorta, but not really.
Return flight was on approach and about to touch down and had to wave off and climb hard. Another play was still on the runway way too close.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Ha! I think Boykin’s just look that way. The little brown swamp poodles have a kind of stoic look to them.

The things you learn while reading HASMSP...

I thought you had just chosen an unfortunate TCU football-related name for your dog. Then I fired up the google machine and found out:

"The Boykin Spaniel is a medium-sized breed of dog, a Spaniel bred for hunting wild turkeys and ducks in the Wateree River Swamp of South Carolina, in the United States. It is the state dog of South Carolina, where it was discovered and further developed by hunters in the 1900s. 1 September is Boykin Spaniel Day in South Carolina."

netty2424

How can you die in an apartment and nobody notice?
Heard this story on The Ticket yesterday. Said the neighbor below called some time back stating something was leaking through the ceiling, but after several failed attempts to figure out what was leaking, it eventually stopped and the apartment maintenance man stopped pursuing it.

So many red flags in this story.

nwlafrog

I thought you had just chosen an unfortunate TCU football-related name for your dog. Then I fired up the google machine and found out:

"The Boykin Spaniel is a medium-sized breed of dog, a Spaniel bred for hunting wild turkeys and ducks in the Wateree River Swamp of South Carolina, in the United States. It is the state dog of South Carolina, where it was discovered and further developed by hunters in the 1900s. 1 September is Boykin Spaniel Day in South Carolina."

I wish it was my dog. That guy is the best. Willie (pictured) is a friend’s dog. I have a Pitbull-malinois mix and a weenie mix.

netty2424

I guess the guy had his rent set up on auto-pay?
That’s what they said, money was never late. Still seems odd. I lived in an apartment or two in my early twenties and I had to sign annual lease agreements. For a guy that seemingly moved a lot, per the story on The Ticket, not sure how you live in an apartment for 3 years without signing something annually.

Mean Purple

Aside from their field abilities and being a great family dog, they also handle the heat pretty well. Obviously, August in Texas is time for any dog to be out of the heat, at your side, watching football pre-season updates.

HFrog1999

Well, sorta, but not really.
Return flight was on approach and about to touch down and had to wave off and climb hard. Another play was still on the runway way too close.

Glad you ended up landing safely

I hate flying, unfortunately I have to fly a lot for work.

For some reason, people flying to and from Philadelphia apparently have no idea how to board or exit an airplane