• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcudoc

giphy.gif

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Anyone in Fort Worth have a car Jack I can borrow? Need to lift my 59 onto car dollys and dont want to buy one just to lift it twice in a couple minutes.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I hereby gavel into order the HASMSP Council of Wisdom. I am getting estimates from local roofers to replace mine due to hail damage. One guy came out and did a straight up estimate and gave me a written document with the cost figure. Another guy I spoke to on the phone says he doesn’t do that, he just wants to see my insurance documents to know what my deductible is and then he will negotiate from there. I think that sounds odd but since I have no experience with roofing contractors I have no frame of reference. Which kind sounds right to you guys?

Frog-in-law1995

I hereby gavel into order the HASMSP Council of Wisdom. I am getting estimates from local roofers to replace mine due to hail damage. One guy came out and did a straight up estimate and gave me a written document with the cost figure. Another guy I spoke to on the phone says he doesn’t do that, he just wants to see my insurance documents to know what my deductible is and then he will negotiate from there. I think that sounds odd but since I have no experience with roofing contractors I have no frame of reference. Which kind sounds right to you guys?

I assume your insurer just wrote you a check for the expected cost minus your deductible?

I bet all these guys can guess within a couple hundred bucks what your insurer paid out. Seems presumptuous of him to want to know your deductible first, but maybe that’s because that’s the variable and he wants to bid it to where you can keep your deductible. Couldn’t hurt to listen.

edit: and for the record, I have no idea which, or even if either, of these two is my buddy.

Purp

I've had this experience before. No idea how good a deal I got, but it literally cost me $0. He quoted me the insurance payout minus the deductible. Then he came in under bid. I was happy, but kinda felt like I may have colluded in insurance fraud.

Ron Swanson

I've had this experience before. No idea how good a deal I got, but it literally cost me $0. He quoted me the insurance payout minus the deductible. Then he came in under bid. I was happy, but kinda felt like I may have colluded in insurance fraud.
Definitely go this route if you can. I have a buddy who owns a collision repair auto body shop and he does the same thing for his friends. I actually made a couple hundred last time my wife got into a wreck. I didn’t know it was happening but it was a nice surprise.

Sorry not sorry, I think the insurance companies are doing just fine.