• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Ron Swanson

Trying to avoid that method if possible but we will see I guess. He is a pro at going to bed on time but whenever he wakes up at 2:30ish-4ish in the morning he refuses to sleep again in his crib.

He will sleep in our arms so deeply that the pacifier will fall out of his mouth but the instant his butt touches the crib sheet he loses his mind.

Not all that worried about it but would be nice to have a straight 6-7 hours of sleep again instead of two four hour chunks.
We had some of the same struggles. The doctor told us that you gotta let her cry it out. Doesn’t matter how long she cries, she’ll tire out and fall asleep eventually. The worst thing you can do is let her cry for two hours and then finally give in and go get her... then you’re just training her to keep crying because she knows you’ll eventually come get her. If she thinks it’s worthless/hopeless to cry, she will stop and just go to sleep.

It was tough for a night or two and now she sleeps through the night 90% of the time. Every once in a while she’ll wake up and start crying but we just ignore it and she’s asleep within 30 minutes usually.

Now we just need to figure out how to put her down by just putting her in her crib and letting her fall asleep on her own. We have to rock her to bed every night now and that’s a solid 20-30 minute process. My friends just drop their kid in their room and the kid just puts himself down. Amazing.

jake102

We had some of the same struggles. The doctor told us that you gotta let her cry it out. Doesn’t matter how long she cries, she’ll tire out and fall asleep eventually. The worst thing you can do is let her cry for two hours and then finally give in and go get her... then you’re just training her to keep crying because she knows you’ll eventually come get her. If she thinks it’s worthless/hopeless to cry, she will stop and just go to sleep.

It was tough for a night or two and now she sleeps through the night 90% of the time. Every once in a while she’ll wake up and start crying but we just ignore it and she’s asleep within 30 minutes usually.

Now we just need to figure out how to put her down by just putting her in her crib and letting her fall asleep on her own. We have to rock her to bed every night now and that’s a solid 20-30 minute process. My friends just drop their kid in their room and the kid just puts himself down. Amazing.

Spot on. Babies are smarter than you think, they can sense weakness.

Do y'all have a bedtime routine (bath, books, bed)? We do the same routine every single night, and after the 5th book we put him in his crib. He occasionally whines a little for 2-3 minutes, but usually either just puts himself to sleep or "sings" for 10 minutes before falling asleep.

What we need to figure out is how to keep our child from getting some kind of sick every other week. Past two months have been ridiculous and of course that makes sleep terrible.

No hotel room video games, sounds like I missed out.

tcudoc

For babies, I have heard good things about this Baby Merlin's Sleep Suit.

51EvYozEVAL._SY355_.jpg

netty2424

51EvYozEVAL._SY355_.jpg
Damn. Wished we would’ve seen this. We always used sleep sacks. They worked well for us and were fortunate both kids didn’t have much issue falling asleep, but this looks a little safer than the sleep sacks we used.

Shorty

My friends just drop their kid in their room and the kid just puts himself down. Amazing.
That's about what my son is like. He's never had a problem going to bed or sleeping through the night. He was sleeping through the night by 3 months old. He's 1.5 years now. We don't have a hard set bedtime because when he starts getting tired you can ask if he's ready for bed and he will walk into his room to get put in bed and go right to sleep.

Ron Swanson

51EvYozEVAL._SY355_.jpg
We used that and it was great. My mom had a friend at her church, a Nigerian couple, and they had a five or six-month-old that had never slept through the night one time and had the worst time sleeping. The parents were zombies and just miserable in life. My mom recommended that because she had seen us use it and the first night the kid slept and the parents were happy and sent us thank you notes because it changed their life

TCURiggs

Made some sketchy memories today, folks. Woke up this a.m. and tried to head to Angel Fire to retrieve my daughter's ski jacket that she left at our friend's condo, on the way to Red River to snowmobile, and we got stuck in the whiteout/blizzard that set in last night. Cars were stuck going up the mountain as we were going up, but we couldn't find a place to turn around... since we were going up switchbacks on a mountain, and we eventually got stuck on a corner going up the hill with several other cars. I made the call that I was going to get out in the blizzard and push/jump/spin my truck around in reverse to get us away from the ravine (no guardrail) that we had slid up against, so I told my wife to drive and just put it in reverse and do what I say. I hopped out and worked my arse off for a good 10 minutes and we got it turned around and went back down the mountain to salvage the day. There were about five other cars that were stuck and just watched me do a blizzard crossift workout without getting out to help, and they gave me a thumbs-up as we went down past them while they just waited on the tow trucks. I've driven in heavy snow/ice before, but I've never been in anything like that. It was insane... complete whiteout and couldn't see the road. The kids had no clue how sketchy that was, as my wife said they were laughing when I was bouncing on the back bumper to try to get some traction. My little country girl wife was terrified... leg was shaking while she was on the throttle, hoping we wouldn't run off into the ravine. It all worked out and we had a great day, but that was a lot. Vacations at this point in life aren't as care-free as I remember!

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Made some sketchy memories today, folks. Woke up this a.m. and tried to head to Angel Fire to retrieve my daughter's ski jacket that she left at our friend's condo, on the way to Red River to snowmobile, and we got stuck in the whiteout/blizzard that set in last night. Cars were stuck going up the mountain as we were going up, but we couldn't find a place to turn around... since we were going up switchbacks on a mountain, and we eventually got stuck on a corner going up the hill with several other cars. I made the call that I was going to get out in the blizzard and push/jump/spin my truck around in reverse to get us away from the ravine (no guardrail) that we had slid up against, so I told my wife to drive and just put it in reverse and do what I say. I hopped out and worked my arse off for a good 10 minutes and we got it turned around and went back down the mountain to salvage the day. There were about five other cars that were stuck and just watched me do a blizzard crossift workout without getting out to help, and they gave me a thumbs-up as we went down past them while they just waited on the tow trucks. I've driven in heavy snow/ice before, but I've never been in anything like that. It was insane... complete whiteout and couldn't see the road. The kids had no clue how sketchy that was, as my wife said they were laughing when I was bouncing on the back bumper to try to get some traction. My little country girl wife was terrified... leg was shaking while she was on the throttle, hoping we wouldn't run off into the ravine. It all worked out and we had a great day, but that was a lot. Vacations at this point in life aren't as care-free as I remember!
giphy.gif

Purp

In 30 years your kids will be posting in this thread about how they love going on ski trips in the car bc their dad was a winter soldier super hero while everyone else on the mountain was a fairy.