• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Tom Brown

Foo fighters are pretty tame and part of the reason they don't reach higher levels of my fandom. They lack an edge.

Without the nirvana jump start, foo fighters might have had different trajectory.

Foo fighters are like fall out boy to me,
alt rock pop

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Foo fighters are pretty tame and part of the reason they don't reach higher levels of my fandom. They lack an edge.

Without the nirvana jump start, foo fighters might have had different trajectory.

Foo fighters are like fall out boy to me,
alt rock pop
Hey now, just because they tend to be more pop doesn't discount the songwriting genius that Grohl possesses. Some other person could propose Elton John is better than both and I couldn't disagree just because it's soft music.

Tom Brown

Hey now, just because they tend to be more pop doesn't discount the songwriting genius that Grohl possesses. Some other person could propose Elton John is better than both and I couldn't disagree just because it's soft music.

They are in the same alt rock genre, but one helped define the genre.
Foo fighters doesnt seem to push boundaries.

PS, cobain would likely have hated foo fighters.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
They are in the same alt rock genre, but one helped define the genre.
Foo fighters doesnt seem to push boundaries.

PS, cobain would likely have hated foo fighters.
He may well have, and my answer changes if Mr. Cobain were still with us and writing songs through that period.

Though $5 says his 2016 release might have sounded a bit more poppy and positive than the old stuff.

Tom Brown

White Stripes.

(I know it was sort of a joke.) but anyone else going to see Jack White in Dallas next week?

It wasnt really, i recently went down the wormhole of jack white vs. Black keys beef. Not as bad as tupac and biggie but pretty deep.

Im a huge black keys fan. And per satis' point they are less edgey than their early albums. And i like dangermouse but his production witj black keys softens them.

But auerbach's solo stuff is rekindling the rawness. Jack white tends to push but is more of a dick.

Last edited:

TCURiggs

It wasnt really, i recently went down the jack white vs. Black keys beef. Not as bad as tupac and biggie but pretty deep.

Im a huge black keys fan. And per satis' point they are less edgey than their early albums. And i like dangermouse but his production witj black keys softens them.

But auerbach's solo stuff is rekindling the rawness. Jack white tends to push but is more of a dick.

I like some of Jack White's stuff but he gets a little too out there for me at times. Y'all ever see that surprise SXSW performance he had a number of years ago where he introduced Seasick Steve? That dude is pretty kickass (he shows up around 5:30 into this):

Tom Brown

Big Candlebox fan here. Also enjoyed STP, Filter, Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, and tons of others. Wasn't a big fan of Green Day, NIN, and a handful of other popular 90s bands, though.

I'm ambivalent about Nirvana/FF debates. I liked them both, but neither were among my favorites.

I quoted the chili peppers from mother's milk the other day and nobody caught it

Tom Brown

from-left-the-foo-fighters-three-ax-attack-chris-shiflett-dave-grohl-and-pat-smear.jpg

pat_smear_kurt_cobain_Nirvana_MTV_Unplugged_Acoustic_Guitar_red_white_blue.jpg

Pat Smear was in both bands too

Grohl got dem brilesboobs

Tom Brown

Big Candlebox fan here. Also enjoyed STP, Filter, Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, and tons of others. Wasn't a big fan of Green Day, NIN, and a handful of other popular 90s bands, though.

I'm ambivalent about Nirvana/FF debates. I liked them both, but neither were among my favorites.

Where do The Toadies fit in there? I am biased but i think theyre better than Candlebox. Prolly similar in value nationally though.