• The KillerFrogs

Happy last move in day

hometown frog

Good luck to anybody moving their kiddos into campus housing today. We got ours moved in for her freshman year on Saturday and i think I’m just now finally able to walk around without any noticeable limp or gimp. The line getting into that initial parking lot for check in is crazy long. But after that first wait, the rest of the process went really smoothly for us. Then the chaos begins of fighting with your kid about what goes where in the room…

Eight

Wait, you own a gimp?

heard they have a tendency to bite, that is why you often see gimps wearing masks

peter greene gimp GIF

Toad Jones

Good luck to anybody moving their kiddos into campus housing today. We got ours moved in for her freshman year on Saturday and i think I’m just now finally able to walk around without any noticeable limp or gimp. The line getting into that initial parking lot for check in is crazy long. But after that first wait, the rest of the process went really smoothly for us. Then the chaos begins of fighting with your kid about what goes where in the room…
Moved two this weekend as helpful grandparents. Not at TCU but the school south of here.. It took forever!

The only thing I could think about was that these two girls, who I held when they were just minutes old, were going to school and away from home and at the same minute, I remember my first few hours at TCU. Was I ever excited and couldn't wait to experience more!

hometown frog

Moved two this weekend as helpful grandparents. Not at TCU but the school south of here.. It took forever!

The only thing I could think about was that these two girls, who I held when they were just minutes old, were going to school and away from home and at the same minute, I remember my first few hours at TCU. Was I ever excited and couldn't wait to experience more!
Yep. Caught myself hitting the ’well back in my day’ phrasing a couple of times over the weekend. (Each time being hit w the same eye roll move from my daughter)

Dogfrog

Yea, dropped by to pick up something at athletic office. Made a U-Turn immediately after seeing Stadium Dr.

Deep Purple

Back in the day, I moved two students into and out of the dorms almost every semester. They both started in campus housing (her: Colby; him: Milton Hilton) and as juniors moved to off-campus housing a half-block away (her: apartment; him: duplex).

I stayed out of the "discussions" about where everything goes, leaving that argument to the women. Kept busy double-decking the beds to provide more floor space.

Froglaw

wait, you let your flesh and blood go to Baylor. Girls at that?

Toad, say it ain’t so!

Toad Jones

wait, you let your flesh and blood go to Baylor. Girls at that?

Toad, say it ain’t so!
Yes. Re: full scholarships on both. Next yr: one to Rice, again full. A boy on partial scholly, soccer. The one already in Bylar just this week recv'd a Full Bright to Czechoslovakia. We are very, very blessed, all great kids and outstanding citizens!!

I hv a friend who has 57 grandkids. Yes 57! He has 13 children, all of them his. No adoptions. Ask him if he remembers all the grandkids names? Heavens...NO.. Said it's fun at Papa's and Minnie's house at Christmas, though. If I found out my wife was expecting, I'd just add another bedroom to the house. Further, saying, now we have a compound almost a village. He lives in Oklahoma on a rather large ranch. BTW, he IS not Mormon.

Toad Jones

Yes. Re: full scholarships on both. Next yr: one to Rice, again full. A boy on partial scholly, soccer. The one already in Bylar just this week recv'd a Full Bright to Czechoslovakia. We are very, very blessed, all great kids and outstanding citizens!!

I hv a friend who has 57 grandkids. Yes 57! He has 13 children, all of them his. No adoptions. Ask him if he remembers all the grandkids names? Heavens...NO.. Said it's fun at Papa's and Minnie's house at Christmas, though. If I found out my wife was expecting, I'd just add another bedroom to the house. Further, saying, now we have a compound almost a village. He lives in Oklahoma on a rather large ranch. BTW, he IS not Mormon.
Some studio ought to do a story on this family, they are that interesting. Of the 13 kids, eight of them are MD's, another two in science, one a minister. The thing of it all, this man escaped from a communist state, came over on a boat with only ten dollars. By chance, a minister heard about him, took him in a raised him as a son. This man went to college and, many years later, started an oil company in Okla. How old was he when he came to the US, 16 yrs. Did not speak English, had no money. Had no contacts, did not know anybody, but yet made a success of his life.

My life was enriched because of this man and his family. Think about that, 13 kids and eight of them are MD's and ALL of them a success. Golly, I'm telling you, this man found the formula to raising a family. Let's not forget the wife, then a Mother. And how wonderful and Spectacular she is!

Deep Purple

If I can recall, "back in the day", I moved in with a tooth brush, a few change of underwear and a transistor radio. Not much else
When I went to college (1974), everything I took with me fit in the trunk of my '66 Chevy Bellaire, with a few items in the back floorboard.

Today the kids pull up to the dorms with their fathers driving U-Hall trucks -- and maybe towing a trailer as well.

PurpleBlood87

His suite mate better be on his best behavior or he might be making a trip to the train station one night.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230817_175855_Facebook.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230817_175855_Facebook.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 9

Paint It Purple

All the best to the incoming students!

Here’s hoping your experiences are as fulfilling as mine were.

Go Frogs!
Maybe the best days of my life. Naive and broke, but figured it out. I am convinced that no other school would have done for me, what TCU did. Glad your experience was equally fulfilling.