• The KillerFrogs

Grandaddy of them all?

Diehard

WHY is the Rose Bowl the "GRANDADDY of them all? Isn't the Super Bowl much bigger? I also thing the Cotton Bowl is bigger.
D

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Not to put anyone down, but where are these questions (and some of our posters) coming from?

Sounds like a little Southern back-handed courtesy at work, much like "bless her heart:"

Old lady-That little girl has a face only a mother could love. Bless her little heart.

Southern woman-Your mother is a Briles who sleeps around. Bless your heart.

Wife- Honey, do these jeans make me look fat?
Husband- Bless your heart, dear, but you've been a whale for the last ten years and I still can hardly believe you haven't imploded into a black hole due to the force of your gravity yet, so no matter what you wear, you'll still be a walking pork rind.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Wife- Honey, do these jeans make me look fat?
Husband- Bless your heart, dear, but you've been a whale for the last ten years and I still can hardly believe you haven't imploded into a black hole due to the force of your gravity yet, so no matter what you wear, you'll still be a walking pork rind.

Single guy, yes?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
In 15 or 20 years I think there are multiple NBA players who can lay claim to the title of Grandaddy of Them All.....

joejordan

The reason why is obvious...the Rose Bowl is the father of the man who had a son called Them All. I think his last name is Rosencrantz.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
WHY is the Rose Bowl the "GRANDADDY of them all? Isn't the Super Bowl much bigger? I also thing the Cotton Bowl is bigger.
D
genius2.jpg

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Single guy, yes?

No, married 19 years. But I know what NOT to say--and my previous post is an example of that. What you SHOULD say is . . "I'm sorry, it's all my fault." Because you're going to end up saying it sooner or later anyway--just save yourself an argument and apologize up front!

BigAppleBucky

D

Sigh.

Perhaps because the Rose Bowl is the first ever bowl game. On January 1, 1902 Michigan beat Stanford 49-0 to start things off. The Cotton Bowl might look bigger to you because it's closer. It was first played in 1937.