• The KillerFrogs

GP Frog club lunch

Pharm Frog

Yeah not sure why it wasn’t covered here

Have always appreciated TXFrog1999's work at the pressers but I figure that he has 3000 things he could be doing that would be more productive than attending and blogging those things. Now if all of sudden Cumbie was to make an appearance and start answering questions, that would be a worthwhile event IMO (and perhaps prepare him for the next rung in the ladder of his career). GP isn't going to answer anything of relevance and has developed an acumen for doing just that. As it stands now it's not worth the time nor effort.

What the scheiss is wrong with some of you???? Grow a pair for crying out loud.
No kidding. Less than 2 weeks ago, we played pretty even with what is one of the consensus best teams in the country and but for a play here and there, could have had a different outcome. Now we are completely screwed? TCU played stinker against UT, who, as much as people hate to admit, has some good players. That's college football. Look at all the teams that lost last week to inferior opponents. Unless you're an elite team, and sometimes even then, a bad day equals a loss. Way too soon to throw in the towel.

Wexahu

No kidding. Less than 2 weeks ago, we played pretty even with what is one of the consensus best teams in the country and but for a play here and there, could have had a different outcome. Now we are completely screwed? TCU played stinker against UT, who, as much as people hate to admit, has some good players. That's college football. Look at all the teams that lost last week to inferior opponents. Unless you're an elite team, and sometimes even then, a bad day equals a loss. Way too soon to throw in the towel.

No kidding. The overreaction to a stinker game is a little ridiculous. Everyone gets frustrated after a loss, but damn, we still have a chance at a really good season if we can right the ship a bit.

Spike

Did he say anything about the sky falling (again)?

Did he say the season was over and we were all going to die?

Did he blame @wes for the teams short comings?

Did he say that @steelfrog was a commie plant?

Did he have any updates about the 5 dead hookers?

kidkarr

We’re the only team in the country that’s never had any experience.
I agree that the “gotta grow em up” gets old, but that is the real difference in star rankings of high school players. The 5 star guys and many of the 4 star guys already have the size and speed for the next level. Some don’t pan out but it’s not because of size or speed. Gary has always done a good job getting guys to play much higher than they were ranked, but that’s where the time comes in. As we continue to recruit better and better, this will become less of an issue.

My opinion

CountryFrog

I agree that the “gotta grow em up” gets old, but that is the real difference in star rankings of high school players. The 5 star guys and many of the 4 star guys already have the size and speed for the next level. Some don’t pan out but it’s not because of size or speed. Gary has always done a good job getting guys to play much higher than they were ranked, but that’s where the time comes in. As we continue to recruit better and better, this will become less of an issue.

My opinion
The grow them up line from Gary is like just win by one, hunt together, bring your own energy, etc. He says it all the time over and over and over. If anyone thinks that having a team with 85 seniors on it or nothing but 5 star players would result in him saying that or any of his other Garyisms any less than I think you're wrong.

It seems like everyone wants to frame everything that Gary is saying into the context of how the most recent game went but these are just the things that Gary says all the time.

netty2424

My opinion
I think you’re spot on. Don’t disagree with any of that really.

Just get tired of hearing it if I’m being honest. It’s become a crutch.

Eight

I think you’re spot on. Don’t disagree with any of that really.

Just get tired of hearing it if I’m being honest. It’s become a crutch.

curious what do you want gary to say? it is obvious become cliche' as countryfrog pointed out above and gary is not going to come out and give anyone a glimpse into his program because that is gary.

if gary had his way i would imagine there would be no press conference, no intrusion into his process, and goodness knows no information about the program unless he wants it out.

not bashing him, but this is who he is and we all know that. we know he won't give much info in his press conferences, we know he is paranoid, we have to be the only major p5 program that handles their spring game in the fashion we do simply because he doesn't want anyone getting an edge on him

maybe he is becoming the howard hughes of college football and instead of continually watching ice station zebra it is game film.

i would expect the press conference quotes to change when there is a new head coach and gary and his staff are going to keep working his process until that happens.

netty2424

curious what do you want gary to say? it is obvious become cliche' as countryfrog pointed out above and gary is not going to come out and give anyone a glimpse into his program because that is gary.

if gary had his way i would imagine there would be no press conference, no intrusion into his process, and goodness knows no information about the program unless he wants it out.

not bashing him, but this is who he is and we all know that. we know he won't give much info in his press conferences, we know he is paranoid, we have to be the only major p5 program that handles their spring game in the fashion we do simply because he doesn't want anyone getting an edge on him

maybe he is becoming the howard hughes of college football and instead of continually watching ice station zebra it is game film.

i would expect the press conference quotes to change when there is a new head coach and gary and his staff are going to keep working his process until that happens.
I expect him to do whatever the darn he wants, he’s the coach.

But that doesn’t mean I have to agree with it.