• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU at Texas Preview

tcumaniac

The refs didn’t cost us the game. Anyone saying that is either absolutely stupid or knows nothing about basketball.
You have some major Longhorn Stockholm syndrome.

Winning on the road is hard. Winning on the road against a ranked team playing your 3rd game in 5 days is even harder.

The one sidedness from the officiating 100% changed the outcome of the game. If the game is officiated fairly, TCU wins tonight. The fact we made stupid mistakes doesn’t change that.

LVH

You have some major Longhorn Stockholm syndrome.

Winning on the road is hard. Winning on the road against a ranked team playing your 3rd game in 5 days is even harder.

The one sidedness from the officiating 100% changed the outcome of the game. If the game is officiated fairly, TCU wins tonight. The fact we made stupid mistakes doesn’t change that.
We aren't a team that shoots many jumpers. I agree.

Brog

The refs didn’t cost us the game. Anyone saying that is either absolutely stupid or knows nothing about basketball.
No they didn't. The fact that they called 22 fouls on TCU and 15 on UT indicates no bias whatsoever. Just happened that way. Yeah. Right.

Dogfrog

Reminds me of some of those Arkansas games when they were hacking, slapping, scratching, hand checking and tripping and you’d look up midway through the 2nd half and realize the other team had 3-4 more fouls.
It’s just part of basketball officiating that gives aggressive teams an advantage, especially at home. Some teams press and foul so frequently that the refs have to swallow their whistles so they don’t disqualify the entire team. They shot 29 FT’s, we shot 11.

y2kFrog

I implemented multiple press offenses when I coached and rarely had trouble against the press. It looks like we only have one and it absolutely needs to be adjusted.
We don’t attack on offense, defense or pretty much any where for that matter. We’re easy to press, easy to guard, and most nights easy to play against.

CountryFrog

This team is almost always it's own worst enemy in regards to turning the ball over and generally making bad decisions with the ball. That's nothing new at all and happens in almost every game we play, win or lose. So that's clearly a huge issue that contributed to tonight's result.

I'm also certain that there aren't many teams who win games with a -18 disparity at the FT line. Everyone can judge for themselves how much was bad officiating but it's pretty much inarguable that it was a big factor in the game.

In my personal opinion, almost any 40 minute college basketball game that sees either team attempting 29 free throws probably had some poor officiating involved, regardless of FT disparity.

Atomic Frawg

you want seriously bad?

the inability to inbound the basketball or how about this really bad stat, 9 turnovers and 2 assists. that is the second half numbers for the frogs offense which was a bigger problem than the disparity in free throws

don't even get me started on shot selection with less than 4 minutes to go in a close ball game
If you go back and look through my posts, you'll see that I abhor DATOs (dumb ___ turnovers). They drive me batty. So, yeah, I don’t disagree. 9 TOs is potentially 27 pts that could have been scored. Still, you expect to see FTs a little closer.