TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/033011aac.html

Dates Announced for Jim Christian Summer Basketball Clinics

Two four-day sessions to be held for grades K-4 and 5-8

DOWNLOADABLE CAMP BROCHURE
icon-acrosmall.gif
| ON-LINE REGISTRATION

FORT WORTH - TCU head men's basketball coach Jim Christian will host two summer clinics during the Month of June at Daniel-Meyer Coliseum and the Ed and Rae Schollmaier Basketball Complex.

The dates for the Jim Christian Summer Basketball Clinics will be June 13-16 and June 27-30. The clinics are available to kids grades K-8. Sessions for those ages K-4 will be held from 8:30 a.m. to Noon, while sessions for grades 5-8 will run from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. All camp sessions will consist of skill development, including ball handling, shooting, rebounding and defense. Campers will participate in games and contests during each session.

Along with Christian, the basketball clinics will be staffed by the TCU assistant coaching staff as well as college and high school coaches from around the state of Texas. For those in need of medical attention, a certified athletic trainer will be available at all times during the clinics.

Individual camp participants will receive a certificate and a camp t-shirt. Camp certificates will be given to each camper upon completion of all requirements. Parents, family members and friends are invited and encouraged to attend sessions to see their campers in action.

Registration will begin 30 minutes prior to the start of the first day of each camp (8 a.m. for grades K-4 and 12:30 p.m. for grades 5-8). The camp cost is $125 per participant with a $50 deposit. The balance for all campers will be due upon arrival. Those who wish to register in advance can do so by following the link at the top of this page.

For more information on the Jim Christian Basketball Summer Clinics, please contact the TCU men's basketball office at (817) 257-7968.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Special camp sessions include:

Team Chemistry
The Stand Around Offense
Passing the Ball to Anyone Open
How to Lower Your Free Throw Percentage
Fall Back, Don't Rebound
The 40-Minute Stall

jake102

Don't forget the three team tournament to cap off the clinic featuring the Current team, Alumni team, and Kicked Off or Suspended Indefinitely team.

Boomhauer

http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/033011aac.html

Dates Announced for Jim Christian Summer Basketball Clinics

Two four-day sessions to be held for grades K-4 and 5-8

DOWNLOADABLE CAMP BROCHURE
icon-acrosmall.gif
| ON-LINE REGISTRATION

FORT WORTH - TCU head men's basketball coach Jim Christian will host two summer clinics during the Month of June at Daniel-Meyer Coliseum and the Ed and Rae Schollmaier Basketball Complex.

The dates for the Jim Christian Summer Basketball Clinics will be June 13-16 and June 27-30. The clinics are available to kids grades K-8. Sessions for those ages K-4 will be held from 8:30 a.m. to Noon, while sessions for grades 5-8 will run from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. All camp sessions will consist of skill development, including ball handling, shooting, rebounding and defense. Campers will participate in games and contests during each session.

Along with Christian, the basketball clinics will be staffed by the TCU assistant coaching staff as well as college and high school coaches from around the state of Texas. For those in need of medical attention, a certified athletic trainer will be available at all times during the clinics.

Individual camp participants will receive a certificate and a camp t-shirt. Camp certificates will be given to each camper upon completion of all requirements. Parents, family members and friends are invited and encouraged to attend sessions to see their campers in action.

Registration will begin 30 minutes prior to the start of the first day of each camp (8 a.m. for grades K-4 and 12:30 p.m. for grades 5-8). The camp cost is $125 per participant with a $50 deposit. The balance for all campers will be due upon arrival. Those who wish to register in advance can do so by following the link at the top of this page.

For more information on the Jim Christian Basketball Summer Clinics, please contact the TCU men's basketball office at (817) 257-7968.

:ph34r:

57Frog

Top , Jake and Portland . Holding to my commitment to say nothing if not complimentary ....Your typing and spelling were pretty fair . Your attempt to degrade the men's BB program / coach , very good .
Go Frogs

masterfrog

When I was in Junior High I went to the Killingsworth Camp. It was a camp and not a clinic. We stayed overnights in the dorms and everything. I remember Nick Cucinella was in charge of my group. Dickie Nutt was one of our instructors and I think he is a head coach at some college now. Do they not have camps any more?

PurpleBlood87

Don't forget to include: How Not To Recruit In Your Local Area
I'd like to address that. Yes there is plenty of talent in the area. But many times kids don't want to play near home and would like to get away. Look at baseball, CJS has a lot of Houston-area players because Fort Worth is far enough to be away from home but stil allows their parents a chance to come to games. He talked about this last year during Diamond Club. Rice used to do this in reverse getting DFW players to come to Houston.

Yes I know he also has local players on the roster. It also didn't hurt that Todd Whitting could recruit the Houston area as good as anyone.

Wouldn't be a bad idea for Christian to add a local coach like North Crowley's Tommy Brakel to the staff and let him get out and recruit the area.