• The KillerFrogs

GDU

cdsfrog

Or the CJC threads for that matter.

baseball threads are well lets just say it from whiny people (notice how the majority are from me /facepalm ) who had high expectations

Anyone who gets on people who being upset about a coach make one of the worst programs in basketball worst each year should take a step back themselves. Baseball isn't as good as anyone thought and Friday sucked but they will still win the division and 35+ games maybe 40+. If they don't a regional it would suck but it's not like they would be a laughing stock like the basketball program is.

PurplePainD

I think he mistook some things that I told him in private, as a sign that he wasn't wanted here and that simply isn't the case.

Blame it on me, if you want, but I honestly wasn't trying to run him off. At the request of some members of this site, I asked him to dial it back a notch on some of his critical posts. Thats all

Wes,
I wouldn't lose sleep over it if I were you, it sounds like you gave him sage advice rather than telling him he wasn't welcome. Unfortunately, some young men just don't have the ability to "dial it back a notch" when it comes to wanting to get in the last word or making sure they are the loudest talker in the room. He may have realized he falls into this category and stopped posting, or decided to change his name to AggieAngst.

I, for one, have been a harsh critic of his, but would welcome him back if he could exercise some restraint.
Sincerely,
PurplePainD

In all seriousness, I really miss his uniform updates. Call me a flaming homosexual, but that's by far my favorite offseason topic. Last I heard we were getting a "dull purple"/"dumb live" new helmet. I wish GDU could shed some light on that issue...

NubomTurk

Tier 1
i was wondering how long it'd take for someone to start a thread like this... i think thats the exact reason he stopped posting... he wanted a thread about people asking where he was. he still gets on a lot. i see him reading topics quite often. nows he's getting what he wanted. way to go.
+1000

BABYFACE

My guess is the constant bashing got to him. I we actually upset him I could have some sympathy if he came back. On the other hand, if he's posting on ShaggyBevo that sympathy could be a bit harder to muster up.

GDU did bring some good content to the board but he had a bad habit of arguing every bit of info to oblivion which drove some people nutz. It is okay to debate and occasionally dig in your heels, but to argue endlessly on every subject took it's toll. I am unsure whether this was just schtick by him or if this was truly how he is. Sometimes we all can be unconscious of our actions and how they effect others.

IronSkillet

In all seriousness, I really miss his uniform updates. Call me a flaming homosexual, but that's by far my favorite offseason topic. Last I heard we were getting a "dull purple"/"dumb live" new helmet. I wish GDU could shed some light on that issue...

Yeah, I was thinking this too. Is there someway to get the updates without the abrasiveness?

Not to jump to his defense, because I personally don't know him beyond what you see on this board, but he's only half the problem. Sure, he might start arguments and say some things to piss people off, but so do a lot of other people on this board. However, somehow a lot those people have made enough e-connections to develop a little KillerFrogs cool kid clique that likes to jump on every post he makes.

I've retaliated and said my fair share of mean things to GDU, but I've tried to steer clear of the pile ons. I was never a kid that got outwardly picked on growing up, but as I've matured I've developed enough awareness to realize how crappy it must feel. You're not going to always agree with or like everyone you meet. And some suburban white kids really like Nike and uniforms. Learn to let it go and move on. You can have your faded Wranglers and boots, and I'll have my Nike shorts and customized kicks.

There's a certain freshman that's been joining the pile ons from his first day on the board. His actions epitomize the pack mentality that so many of you portray. It may feel great to be a part of the cool kid clique, but it's the internet people. None of us are cool for spending way too much of our lives posting on a freaking message board.

Come back, GDU, I miss you. I love you. I love you like a wife.

angelo's frog

The dude had some good contributions but he really let himself get dragged into a bunch of cat fights with other posters that were beginning to make this board unbearable. I don't put all the blame on him though. His adversaries shared a large part of the blame. Even if GDU was being a jackass, people didn't have to continue the endless engagements. Just make your point in one post and then walk away. That way it doesn't turn into a 12 page thread that reads like a junior high school bathroom wall.

Boomhauer

I think he mistook some things that I told him in private, as a sign that he wasn't wanted here and that simply isn't the case.

Blame it on me, if you want, but I honestly wasn't trying to run him off. At the request of some members of this site, I asked him to dial it back a notch on some of his critical posts. Thats all

Awesome. I've been wondering who I should send the gift basket too. Thank you Wes! The forum is so much better without that [Cowherd].

JugbandFrog

GDU did bring some good content to the board but he had a bad habit of arguing every bit of info to oblivion which drove some people nutz. It is okay to debate and occasionally dig in your heels, but to argue endlessly on every subject took it's toll. I am unsure whether this was just schtick by him or if this was truly how he is. Sometimes we all can be unconscious of our actions and how they effect others.
He angered me so much one time, I challenged him to an old-fashioned duel. Well, one with water pistols, but a duel nonetheless.

He did bring a lot to the forum though. I bet he knows what our Nike Fan Polos would be for next year.