• The KillerFrogs

"Gary's World"

PurplePutt

playing any home game at "Jerry's World." I don't like the rumors of the 2014 LSU game being played there. Don't think it is true but have seen it discussed more than once.

By the way, Gary's World--gotta be the new unofficial name of AGCS! He is the reason the place will exist. Will be a big statue of him there before it is all said and done!

Goo

By the way, Gary's World--gotta be the new unofficial name of AGCS! He is the reason the place will exist. Will be a big statue of him there before it is all said and done!

You need to get 1310 Ticket on board with this.

There will definitely be a statue of HCGP at stadium sometime. Heck, after 14 years of incredible coaching here....he deserves one now. But I guess a new stadium will do for now.

Dogfrog

I saw it proposed here before to unofficially call the stadium GaryWorld (ala Jerry World). Or Gary Land would make it less derivative.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Not disagreeing with any of the sentiment above, but it's a shame that no one erects statues of Athletic Directors.
CDC had a just a little bit to do with the AGC renovation. And the move to the Big East. And a lot of other important accomplishments at TCU, even in the relatively short time that he's been here.

IMHO, CDC is as much a superstar in his profession as LHCGP is in his.

TEUFELI

Not disagreeing with any of the sentiment above, but it's a shame that no one erects statues of Athletic Directors.
CDC had a just a little bit to do with the AGC renovation. And the move to the Big East. And a lot of other important accomplishments at TCU, even in the relatively short time that he's been here.

No offense, but I think that is ridiculous. I am extremely pleased with what CDC has done. He has some skins on the wall that can never be taken. He will always be the guy that was in the chair when we moved to an AQ.

Having said that, a lot of what he has been able to do (and received credit for) has been because of those who came before him. He has stood on the shoulders of Eric Hyman and Danny Morrison (and I don't mean that to sound negative). But if Hyman and Morrison, and to a greater extent Patterson...hadn't gotten this program to the heights it is at now, then that Big East move and the stadium do NOT get done.

As far as raising money, he certainly played a role, but I still give more credit to the FW Community and the success of the past decade of TCU Football than I do to CDC. In other words, I think someone else who stepped in here at the moment CDC did, probably could have taken the tools Hyman, Morrison, and GP have given him and gone out and raised that $ from the individuals in FW who made the decision to donate it.

Not bagging on CDC, he has not screwed this up, which can be the tendency when someone new walks in with their own way of thinking. In fact the Ath Dept HAS flourished even more under him, but I dont necessarily credit his 'accomplishments' as directly attributable to him and him alone as you seem to.

Just my opinion

frogtwang

I saw it proposed here before to unofficially call the stadium GaryWorld (ala Jerry World). Or Gary Land would make it less derivative.

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=131730&view=findpost&p=764573

As far as the statue goes, hiking his pants or tying his shoes?

In all seriousness, I would much prefer a statue of LHCGP than the huge steel Texas high-school monstrosity they unveiled during super bowl week.

frogbyproxy

playing any home game at "Jerry's World." I don't like the rumors of the 2014 LSU game being played there. Don't think it is true but have seen it discussed more than once.

Statues are on hold for winning NCG. Then the statue will be of him hitching pants on top of the pyramid. :biggrin:

halfwaytoheaven

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=131730&view=findpost&p=764573

As far as the statue goes, hiking his pants or tying his shoes?

In all seriousness, I would much prefer a statue of LHCGP than the huge steel Texas high-school monstrosity they unveiled during super bowl week.

TCU isn't big on statues of people (pop quiz: name the three individuals who have statues on the TCU campus), but if they did one of Gary, this pose could work:
gary_patterson1.jpg

Although, these two are pretty characteristic as well:
2010-TCU-Horned-Frog-Predictions.jpg

Gary_Patterson.jpg

But this one is growing on me:
107843262_display_image.jpg

Houston Frog

No offense, but I think that is ridiculous. I am extremely pleased with what CDC has done. He has some skins on the wall that can never be taken. He will always be the guy that was in the chair when we moved to an AQ.

Having said that, a lot of what he has been able to do (and received credit for) has been because of those who came before him. He has stood on the shoulders of Eric Hyman and Danny Morrison (and I don't mean that to sound negative). But if Hyman and Morrison, and to a greater extent Patterson...hadn't gotten this program to the heights it is at now, then that Big East move and the stadium do NOT get done.

As far as raising money, he certainly played a role, but I still give more credit to the FW Community and the success of the past decade of TCU Football than I do to CDC. In other words, I think someone else who stepped in here at the moment CDC did, probably could have taken the tools Hyman, Morrison, and GP have given him and gone out and raised that $ from the individuals in FW who made the decision to donate it.

Not bagging on CDC, he has not screwed this up, which can be the tendency when someone new walks in with their own way of thinking. In fact the Ath Dept HAS flourished even more under him, but I dont necessarily credit his 'accomplishments' as directly attributable to him and him alone as you seem to.

Just my opinion

Good post, was gonna type something very similar

tcumaniac

Just my opinion

+1

tcumaniac

turk what the hell are you smoking bro? CDC deserves a little credit for not messing up what we already had going, and yes he was a big part in the renovations to the stadium, but the dude doesn;t deserve much more credit than that yet. He's been here what? a year? How can you give that kind of praise to a guy that jumps on the bandwagon at the peak of our success? He has't messed anything up, but he sure as heck hasn't earned the title of being a super star. Maybe if he helps turn around our basketball program, he'll deserve that kind of praise...

Atomic Frawg

While CDC certainly deserves some props for some of the changes that are taking place at the school, there's a significant number of residents near the campus who don't think very highly of him. They believe him to be belittling and arrogant. Granted, many of them didn't go to TCU, but they nonetheless have supported the school through the highs and lows. He needs to stay up to speed on Fort Worth politics and the "who's who" of the area to avoid or minimize the unpleasantries.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
turk what the hell are you smoking bro? CDC deserves a little credit for not messing up what we already had going, and yes he was a big part in the renovations to the stadium, but the dude doesn;t deserve much more credit than that yet. He's been here what? a year? How can you give that kind of praise to a guy that jumps on the bandwagon at the peak of our success? He has't messed anything up, but he sure as heck hasn't earned the title of being a super star. Maybe if he helps turn around our basketball program, he'll deserve that kind of praise...
Okay, I'll admit, my opinion is a little biased based on the fact that I sent him an e-mail a couple of weeks ago and got a reponse in two minutes. I'm impressed by people who resolve things FAST.
CDC's public statements prior to the Big East move were right on and well-crafted. Public statements are a minefield and I was very impressed by how he handled that situation.
And despite the mischaracterizations in the responses to my post, I never said that any of these things were due to "him and him alone," just as I would never say that about LHCGP.
I think CDC is a superstar and that we're lucky to have him. I get the impression that you guys want to reserve judgement. I'm okay with that. I've been a lifetime holder of minority opinions.

tcudoc

Okay, I'll admit, my opinion is a little biased based on the fact that I sent him an e-mail a couple of weeks ago and got a reponse in two minutes. I'm impressed by people who resolve things FAST.

Sounds like when CDC eventually does get a statue,it should be of him typing away on his smart phone.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Just my opinion

CDC was a fabulous money guy at Rice, where he oversaw the funding and construction of numerous new buildings and stadia. At Rice. TCU hired him precisely for this fund-raising prowess.

It just so happens that he is pretty well connected in the Athletic Director's Clubhouse and has the Seekrit Decoder Ring, thus he is able to put TCU in positions not normally available to a small private school.

Winning indeed helps. But we won when Windegger was here, and nothing ever seemed to come of it. CDC has taken our newfound success and run with it, taking us far beyond anything we had even considered 10 short years ago.

Yeah, he's only been here for a couple of years. But what a couple of years!

Statue? Naah. Integral part of our success? Absolutely!