• The KillerFrogs

Garrett Riley to Clemson

Rifframbahzoo20

why would Clemson give a crap if we win that game or not?

Frankly, I would hope TCU does not care about any other school's success over ours.

So trying to act like Clemson is at fault is stupid.

The person that had control on the effect of this on TCU was our OC. I would hope that when we hire someone - they do care what happens to our team as long as their paycheck is coming from TCU but particularly in the context of what the team had a chance to achieve this year.

And the moment and context matters - if we were playing in the Texas bowl - no one would care who talked to Riley or when. But we were not playing in some meaningless bowl against a random 6-6 team.

We were playing for the biggest game of all to win the one thing every program hopes to win - there is zero excuses for Riley or anyone else on our staff being distracted by other schools beyond the 10 seconds it takes to tell their agent - "not now"
100%

Eight

why would Clemson give a crap if we win that game or not?

Frankly, I would hope TCU does not care about any other school's success over ours.

So trying to act like Clemson is at fault is stupid.

The person that had control on the effect of this on TCU was our OC. I would hope that when we hire someone - they do care what happens to our team as long as their paycheck is coming from TCU but particularly in the context of what the team had a chance to achieve this year.

And the moment and context matters - if we were playing in the Texas bowl - no one would care who talked to Riley or when. But we were not playing in some meaningless bowl against a random 6-6 team.

We were playing for the biggest game of all to win the one thing every program hopes to win - there is zero excuses for Riley or anyone else on our staff being distracted by other schools beyond the 10 seconds it takes to tell their agent - "not now"

where have i said that riley talking to them was the right thing to do?

merely pointed out what i disagreed with your reasoning

FrogBall09

where have i said that riley talking to them was the right thing to do?

merely pointed out what i disagreed with your reason
you were trying to deflect part of the blame to Clemson - its 100% on Riley to control his own situation and focus during that period, not on one of our competitors to do it for him.

If you are pondering a new job, evaluating a career stepping stone, money, where your family is going to live in a few weeks, that all becomes the #1 priority—a distraction. Riley has no love or tie to TCU other than finishing out the job; his stronger ties at that point to career ladder and family. He should not have been distracted In the most important game of TCU history. Heck, and if this leaked to the players, what message does that send during game prep.

Goodbye GIF

Frogs1983

you were trying to deflect part of the blame to Clemson - its 100% on Riley to control his own situation and focus during that period, not on one of our competitors to do it for him.
Ok, so if Riley was "distracted" by Clemson offer, and TCU Offense suffered as a result, then what was Gillespie's excuse for his units ridiculously poor performance?
Not seeing him being courted by another school.

DeuceBoogieNights

social media and/or search engines because they are designed to create and direct traffic based upon prior search history and viewings

you have also yet to provide any info on who these "arkansas fans" were that tipped you off on this rumor and where this conversation took place

Not trying to get into your argument, but I don't have a Twitter account and do searches in incognito mode on Twitter all the time. It's the best way to not get into the algorithm and get better results. Don't have sources but I do work in digital marketing.

HFrog1999

Not trying to get into your argument, but I don't have a Twitter account and do searches in incognito mode on Twitter all the time. It's the best way to not get into the algorithm and get better results. Don't have sources but I do work in digital marketing.

I hope you don’t work for Hibu. I worked for them last year and it sucked.

Eight

don't disagree and feel free to join if you can provide some clarity or guidance

would ask you what percentage of people who use search engines and twitter to look for things know how to avoid the algorithms?

would ask you would percentage of people who use twitter or such platforms to search for news and information understand that frequency and the number of posts/hits/followers doesn't translate to accuracy or credibility?

Last edited:

DeuceBoogieNights

don't disagree and feel free to join if you can provide some clarity or guidance

would ask how what percentage of people who use search engines and twitter to look for things no how to avoid the algorithms?

would ask you would percentage of people who use twitter or such platforms to search for news and information understand that frequency and the number of posts/hits/followers doesn't translate to accuracy or credibility?

Lol I would say most people over the age of 45 don't understand it at all. Hell, there is a whole SEO industry out there trying to manipulate search results so they show up higher and get more clicks.

Eight

would ask how what percentage of people who use search engines and twitter to look for things no how to avoid the algorithms?

auto correct really sucks

Rifframbahzoo20

would ask you what percentage of people who use search engines and twitter to look for things know how to avoid the algorithms?

I don’t think anybody would ever think the Twitter accounts I posted are credible sources of news. The fact that this needs to be said…..

The fact that it is being talked about at all is enough cause for concern IMO.

Eight

I don’t think anybody would ever think the Twitter accounts I posted are credible sources of news. The fact that this needs to be said…..

The fact that it is being talked about at all is enough cause for concern IMO.

you obviously weren't here for the last summer's conference realignment threads

LoudFrog

Anyone know what we were paying Garrett Riley? I thought GP paid both meach & Sonny $1M each back in 2014, maybe I’m remembering wrong
This is not true. Much less.
Somebody on the other site (rando poster) said GR got under $1mm
GR was a little over a million. Good move for him at 1.7 and an easier pathway to a conference championship and playoffs, then the big 12.